Fashion design or fine arts?

Im going to collage and I love both, what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Double major that sh*t...if you can handle it, and have the time and money to. :)

• Oh yes I can ,... I love it.

What Guys Said 6

• Both will be equally worthless when it comes to actually getting a job, so just do whichever you'll enjoy more.

• Ummmmm why worthless. I don't really care about money if that what you mean

• A very competitive field. Good luck.

• Major in one and minor in the other, or double major/minor in both. That way you can decide which you like better once you're done, without having to go to school again.

• I probably wouldn't spend too much money being trained in either. Actually earning a living in either is very, very difficult, and getting hired anywhere will likely be based more on your portfolio than anything else. Pay money where you are going to learn skills that will let you produce better work that shows up in your portfolio, the actual piece of paper - in these fields - means very little.

• Yeah your right. But I'm good at designing and I'm good in every kind of art ... But good is not enough... I wanna be GREAT so ill go to a collage and ill take some courses in other places to get better and know better.

• I think that there will be a big boom with the emerging 3d printer business. They can even be used to create clothing. So whichever path you chose you may want to learn how to use some modeling software to print off your creations.

• Hmmm... Yeah your right ...

• THANK YOU! I'm in 3d printing (engineering side tho), and it is really exciting and no one seems nearly as excited about it as they should be. QA: take this guy's advice! Look into Anarkik 3D. It's a haptic sensor that gives you tactile feedback with CAD, so it's like you are really sculpting...virtually. Learning traditional CAD itself is a marketable skill that may help to pay bills in the mean time...

• How are you in 3d printing? I am having trouble finding information about how to get into it. Mostly I just find advertisements to buy stuff made with them.

• CollEge.

• Ok college what ever that was not my question , but okay thanks anyways ,

What Girls Said 2

• maybe make a collage with pictures of fashion, boom baby

• Haha what ! I don't get it

• Haha ah sorry my friend was on my account posting that answer - what (I think) he was trying to nitpick your spelling of "college" by doing a play on words for link Anyway, it all depends on what you mean by "fine arts". That could include graphic design, music composition, theater, or even fashion - and they all have different market potentials! Any kind of career in art is a hard way to go, but graphic design will allow you to be marketable doing advertisements

• Hahahah my bad , college* and thnxxxx :D

• Fashion design is better in job market

• Hmmm. Yah I think ill go with fashion