What is your learning style?

Fairly simple question. What way do you learn best. This can either be in a classroom setting (how do you prefer to be taught?) or in a situation outside of the classroom (teaching one's self to do something).

There are four learning styles (it can be argued that there are only three main ones) but for this, we will use four.

Kinesthetic (movement)

Auditory (lectures)

Reading/writing (text)

Visual (diagrams)

The final choice is a combination of the four.

If you say that you respond best to multiple learning styles, please specify which ones.

• Visual
  • Auditory
  • Reading/writing
  • Kinesthetic
  • Combination - please explain

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a very visual learner and that one is the most effective method for me. If I actually physically see what I'm trying to learn it will usually stick in my brain. I like going to classes because it usually gives me a visual, reading/writing, and lectures so with everything combined I remember almost everything that's taught in the class.

What Guys Said 8

• I learn purely by reading... Writing things out makes my brain just switch to automatic and none of it goes in. Anything I learn is just raw memory.

• Lol reading/writing works the opposite way for me.

• I hate trying to learn from writing, it's only reading that I learn from... I'm not a big fan of visual learning, I mean I can learn from seeing something being done but I usually switch off more often than not. People in my school used to hate me, I'd read the text book at the start of the year and hardly do any work after that yet I'd still get high grades.

• It doesn't really matter.

If I'm interested in the subject matter or the person delivering it, the information will go in however it's presented.

If I'm not interested, there's no way I'm going to learn, whatever way you try to teach me.

I think my wildly ranging school exam grades reflect that pretty well (you wouldn't think someone could get an A* in Art and an E in Graphics, would you?)

• I feel that is it a combo of visual and auditory with a splash of kinesthitics

when I listen to lectures, it really helps and with images or diagrams it helps me recall what was said.

also the act of writing helps me recall what I was thinking at the moment and engraves the information into my brain.

-cheers

• it's mainly Visual but sense I graduated high school I've done allot of learning through watching Videos and some Reading if the topic is interesting enough.

So I voted E.

• Kinesthetic and visual.

• Visual, auditory, kino quiet equally.

• Hers a test: link

Your scores were:

Visual: 10

Aural: 6

Read/Write: 8

Kinesthetic: 13

I would say I'm a bit higher on aural though.

• I learn by actually doing it. Practice makes perfect. There is no substitute.

• I usually burn myself on the stove 5 or 6 times before I get what's going on

What Girls Said 14

• I'd say I'm a visual reader/writer. Whenever I study, I draw lots of pictures, write down my own notes and read them several times. It's funny, because sometimes when a test asks me about something that I can't remember, I pretty much always remember what page it was on because of the pictures. But I never remember the actual content, hahaha.

• Kinaesthetic - I can't learn without noting everything I deem as important down. It's like a irritating itch you can't get rid of.

Visual - but that's basically because I can't learn without adding color to my work. I have to make it colorful and bright. My teacher complimented me saying my work looked really professional.

Reading - not really sure sometimes it works sometimes I just end up daydreaming

• Kinesthetic , I think.

I'm a "learning by doing" kind of person. Diagrams don't really help, although pictures and/or animations help a lot. Guess I'm also a visual learner, just no diagrams.

I also found out that reading aloud helps me memorize better.

I sleep during lectures or play with my shirt or whatever, and I can't concentrate on just reading.

• I'm a mix between visual and reading/writing.

• kinesthetic is number one. Secondary is visual

• It really all depends on what it is I'm trying to learn, most of the time its visual, I chose E

• I like being taught during lectures if it's not one-on-one. I hate being given so much attention when learning. I also learn better if there's lots visual information and examples.

• I'm a mixture of visual and reading.

• Visual is my strongest.

• A combo of someone explaining it to me and then doing it.

• Visual

• I'm more of a visual learner. Teachers make you do this stuff almost every year.

• Visual/Auditory.

• Visual... and I have to at least do it myself a few times before I REALLY get the hang of it. It never takes me long to get into the swing of things though.