Do you find girls rely on their looks too much?

Dont get me wrong, its a good idea to make yourself look your best, but I notice girls will shift the majority of their focus on that instead of being a fun outgoing person. Girls in clubs will sit there and wait all night for someone to talk to them instead of just making some light convo about nothing (so they wouldn't risk being "rejected" or whatever the f*** that means).

The obsession over small things in appearance makes them extremely boring people to talk to in my experience. Anyone feel that way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I rely on my personality mostly.

I've come to terms with the fact that I look 5 years younger than I actually am, and that I'm not all that "hot" or "sexy" to begin with. I don't spend much, if any, time on my appearance because, you know, if the best you can do is look 15 when you're 20, why bother? :p

I depend on my personality and intelligence to get me through life, make friends, and attract guys.

I do know girls who obsess over their looks though. I have a friend who, if we decide to go to the gym, it takes her two hours to get ready. I didn't know one needed to do their hair and makeup to go to the gym lol. I literally use my hands to put my hair in a ponytail and then we go.

You can guess though, I'm not very popular with the male population due to my lack of effort hahaha :p

• hey well right on you have a good attitude. Looks are a lie anyways, as those friends aren't gonna look hot or sexy the next morning.

• it's always annoyed me when girls complain that an "ugly" girl gets more attention or has a BF. They're rarely unattractive as described and probably have an amazing personality. Here's something they should ask themselves: I'm I fun to be around? am I negative? do I complain alot? For some reason being attractive entitles you to complain more.

• ya atticus. I think its because the grow up and everyone gives them special treatment.. which is a catch 22

What Girls Said 11

• I only seem to do that when I'm clearly not having a good time..(bored), therefore I just sit/stand there.. not necessarily waiting for someone to come talk to me but it might seem that way.. However, If I'm excited (having fun) to be there I wont' sit there waiting, I go out into the dance floor and dance!

But I know what you mean and yeah! A bunch of girls do that! and then reject the only guys that do bravely go up to them and ask them to dance or something.

Some girls told my cousin they'd dance with him if he'd go home and shave, and change the way he's dressed "hahahahah"! That's so stupid but it's so funny! I never forget that xD it's like WTF? Like he's asking you to marry him? o.0

• I love to dance too..

Yah, that's why I just don't hit on girls for the most part in clubs or bars.. I only talk to ones having a good time or dancing

• oh. :]! Yeah, they are.

but I'm not nice.

• youre being nice to me

• If me and a friend are at the club I mean we aren't really social unless a guy is genuinely interested. I won't go out of my way but if he comes over to talk I'll talk it isn't a problem. Unless you know how you get some people where it's obvious your personalities don't vibe. It seems more effective and efficient to rely on your brain though.

• Girls who don't have anything to offer rely on their looks only. But in my experience, most girls rely on other stuff more. Also, I think it's because there are a lot of guys out there who won't take you seriously unless you're somewhat good-looking or hot. And even then they won't care about your personality, only about the size of your breasts.

• A lot of girls rely on their looks, but the girls who actually have boyfriends rely on their personality. Or so I've noticed. The girls with boyfriends I've seen are always bubbly and happy with mediocre looks. So I guess that does the trick.

• good point. yah I find a cute girl with a good personality is wayyy better than a hot girl that is a basket case

• Guys at nightclubs don't care about personality. I don't approach guys because I'm shy and not very confident not because I'm lazy and boring.

• You totally just described me in a club. Although usually I have a book.

• it depends on the setting you are in, but looks get girls a long way, we all know that. of course a guy will care about her personality once he meets her, but looking good is what will make him want to talk to her first because he can't SEE her personality but he can see how she looks and he either likes it or not. we are all stimulated by looks, men even more than women.

and let's face it, men will do a lot for a hot girl. even if it's something small like letting her cut the line or opening the door or whatever. I'm blond with big boobs and a reasonably pretty face and men do favors for me that I don't even ask for. I know that one day when I get old no one will give me a second glance unless I was lucky to find someone who loves me.

• I wouldn't if guys cared about personality. Actually that's why I stopped dating. They don't.

• Depends on what she's looking for. If its sex, she doesn't need much to get laid. But if its a relationship, possibly because most guys seem to care about looks anyway. But if its marriage, no. She tries to rely to on other stuff too.

• I wouldn't step foot in a night club.

• you're not missing much. Overpriced drinks and if a female, a chance to get groped by "smooth" douche bags. Oh and the never ending line at the restroom.

• Most girls do

What Guys Said 5

• I think younger girls do (early 20's)...for the most part. When I interact with girls that are really attractive and really young I find them kinda boring. They rarely have anything interesting to say or have any depth to them. Maybe they don't think they need to be interesting...who knows. The argument can be made for most people that age though.

• i wouldn't blame it on the girls, exactly. I'd blame it on society/culture and how from a young age, looks get way more praise and reinforcement than personality or intelligence.

Psychology books even say so!

One of the problems for both girls and boys who are early-maturing is that they often get more positive attention for their physical development than for their cognitive development

-- Psychology: Contexts and Applications by Halonen & Santrock

• Some girls do, some girls don't. I get girls that approach me regularly, so of which definitely have depth to them. I do agree that there are a lot of boring girls out there though, who seem to think their looks are the only thing that matter. I guess you just have to be more selective with the girls you're willing to go after.

• yeah because they know they have nothing else to offer. They are rarely fun to talk and almost never funny

• Yes they do and social media isn't helping either. From Facebook to Twitter to Instagram the emphasis on words and intellect is decreasing and the emphasis on image is increasing. I know many girls with okay personalities who rely on their looks to get their guys. Also as much as these girls are doing this a lot of guys are accepting this and aren't challenging girls to bring more

• "Also as much as these girls are doing this a lot of guys are accepting this and aren't challenging girls to bring more" word.. def true