20 things boys can do to become men - by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Your thoughts?

didn't realize he was such a wise sensei... This is all really great advice. All 20 points are really great (#8 is probably the weakest, imo, but still all right).

I suppose for GAG, #10 is the most significant.

It is:

10. Be patient in love.

Most of the information boys have about girls is WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! It's based on stereotypes, rumors, bad songs, shallow teen movies, and immature celebrities in personal tailspins. The worst thing you can do in looking to find a significant other is to try to change yourself into something you're not just because you think that's what girls are looking for. It doesn't work.

The best way to get an idea of what's attractive to girls is to talk to them. Like a girl? Get to know her, ask her about herself, then show her you've been listening to what she says. Did she mention a book she likes? Send her an article about the book. It's low-key, non-stalkerish, and shows you care what she talks about.

for the entire article - link

Your thoughts? I don't see how any of this is can be disagreed upon, but I'm sure there are those out there who will.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with most of it !In fact all of it ! Especially the "taking in part of team sports".

• yeah. I think the lessons that team sports, and solo even, can teach are really important - teamwork, perseverance, trust, respect, listening, not being selfish, etc. However, I'm a bit wary because it seems, depending on the sport, most kids that play are kind of the OPPOSITE of those characteristics lol. Lots of selfish, mean, etc types of players out there.

• No but if you focus on the pros of sports ,they are outweigh the cons ,I really wish my future husband would be a sportsman!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0