Ladies, what are some not-so-obvious faux-pas for a guy, when it comes to appearance?

I mean apart from being clean, and wearing clean cloths, and really obvious stuff. I'm think of the "unibrow" thing, for example.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dirty Fingernails especially when they are long, if your going to let your nails grow that long than keep them clean, I like guys who let there jeans sag but I don't want to see your underwear in the process, Don't like guys who have there jeans tighter than mine..That has to bother them if not they must not have anything down there. Long hair that is not done at all, just blowin in the wind (get a hair cut)...I like beards but not freeway. I don't like guys who are extremely buff, some girls like that but I don't want to cuddle next to a rock all night. Hate cute guys with f***ed up teeth. I guess that's all.

• Oh, wouldn't pass your test, because of the "Long hair that is not done at all". Not my choice thought, that is how she wants them.

What Girls Said 8

• i guess guys and body odour. like in my university classes, I can tell they just got out from the gym and they sit 5 seats away and I can still smell them . ew. I mean, they might have been late to class, but to put on some deodorant only takes 20 seconds. lol

• too much cologne is icky. I don't want to smell a guy three days later when he walks past me. But you don't want to not have any! its good to have a nice smell. also, clean ears. I tend to see a lot of guys that forget that there ears need to be cleaned. and it is nasty! clean em, its not that hard. haha

• OK, but how the hell do you decide on which one to get? I would be totally confused if I had to choose, so that is actually why I don't bother (unless I got given some as present...).

• Use a cologne that naturally smells really good to you. The thing is, if one person likes it, almost everyone will like it, unless you smell mostly like you just poured gasoline on yourself, but there's not a lot of those on the market. Personally, I use a small glass bottle of Adidas sport cologne. It cost me 3 dollars at Walmart, and everyone says I smell good all the time, most imortantly, my sister. If she likes it, most girls will, so I guess it works

• I agree. Most cologne smells nice, but it's just like when women put too much on too. It's way too overpowering and can make some people (like me) nauseous. As for which one, I've always liked Polo. It's nice and inexpensive.

• Personally, I'm not a fan of men in pink shirts. It's like they're trying too hard. But I'm not a huge fan of the whole clean & put together look for guys... instinctively, I'm most turned on when a guy looks a little rumpled or just got finished playing football in the mud. But yes, unibrows are bad, disgusting smelly feet/toenails are a turnoff, and so are old/stained boxers with holes in them.

• Ear wax buildup, eye goobers, bangs, half tucked in shirts. Nasty, all of them. People should never wear lime green shoes. Men should not wear thongs. Especially those meant for women. Nothing that accentuates your package. Excess hair is out in most cases. Don't try to fit a size 38 man into a size 28 shirt.

• Unibrows, missing teeth, ugly shoes, bad hair, small lips (it's a personal thing; I know it's wierd), hair that's too long, socks that stick outta your shoes, tidy whities, tight pants that show your package.

• "socks that stick outta your shoes"? I'm not sure I get what you mean; *all* socks normally stick out of the shoes. I've seen those extremely short women socks that you can't see when they wear shoes, but no man wear that...

I can just about put the tip of my hair in my belly button. Is that too long? :P

• Eh. If you work it than I guess it's not bad. As for the socks, when guys wear lower cut shoes and tube socks, it looks awful. Not gonna lie.

• cologne

• unibrows, dirty nails, smelly, to tight clothing, clothes that don't match, gross hair, boogers, eye boogers, wax, hairy noses and ears... long eyebrows...

• GROSS hair, like overly gelled, or just dirty looking/greasy. unibrow. tight pants. peasant tops

• Could you define "peasant tops" ? I have never heard of that.

What Guys Said 2

• the unibrow has become something of a cliché in fiction, especially with cartoon characters.

link

• Is something wrong with that?

A unibrow or monobrow, medically known as a synophrys, refers to a "confluence of eyebrows"; i.e. the presence of abundant hair between the eyebrows, ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unibrow