Can you use lip liner as eyeliner?

I have been looking 4 red eyeliner for Halloween everywhere and am unable to find it except online. Now I'm thinking would I be safe if I used a red lip liner round my eyes.

• Yes perfectly safe
  • No don't do it

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe go to a drugstore, I've seen these little shelves of eyeliner with purple green pink etc... If all else fails, sure you can use lipstick liner on your eyes, but try not to get too close to the inner rim of the eye. Only line the part above the eyelashes. Because there could be some smoothing oil or mineral shimmers or stuff, that may irritate your eyes. Not only won't it be safe, but your eyes may slightly open less than usual, because it makes your eyes sore (you might not even realize it.)

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, I mean, you wear it on your lip usually, so it's not like it's toxic or whatever. Just be careful not to get it in your actual eye because then that could be some serious problem (but you already knew that with regular eyeliner)

What Girls Said 7

• It should be perfectly fine (they make them for both), but I would use a new one if I were you because the bacteria that can be present in your mouth (without harm and is perfectly normal) can be potentially harmful to your eyes which are pretty sensitive. If you have red eye shadow you could use an eyeliner brush to apply it as an eyeliner as well (that's what I do when I want a color eyeliner)

What are you being btw? Halloween in my favorite holiday!

• Yes, you can!

It's called being creative.

Go for it ! :)

• It's safe, so go ahead. There are also plenty of liners that have multiple purposes, clearly stated on the packaging, for both eyes and lips. But you can just use regular lipliner. It will probably smudge quicker than eyeliner though.

• Its safe to do it, just know that it will feel wet and greasy the entire time you have it on, will easily smudge, and possibly stain your eyelid for a day or two.

• It's safe, but it won't stay on very good. It'll smear easier.

• It's safe, go for it.

• When I used to wear eyeliner, I never could find colors I liked. I almost always ended up buying lip liners and using them as eye liners. I never had any trouble. Just don't use the same one on both, that could possibly cause infection if it weren't properly cleaned... although, I'm not even sure that's entirely unsafe either.