Are looks that important?

I'm not beautiful but not ugly I'm not confident but I want to get an attractive boyfriend any advice please help

Most Helpful Guy

• When you're <25-30, the vast majority of guys will want you to be attractive physically. After that age, guys tend to drop their standards. That being said, what someone finds attractive varies from one guy to the next so there's always a chance no matter what you look like. Just be nice, social and don't be afraid to talk to the guys you find cute.

• What? lol! There are 20 year old guys that will hit anything with a pulse! There are young men with no standards what so ever. Just cause you're older doesn't mean "standards" go out the window.

• I'm not upset by this since I don't take anything on the internet too seriously. Hence why I want to stop arguing over minute differences. Especially, since "standards" in my argument meant purely physical appearance and yours meant the whole package. I've had so many guys tell me that they've began to find girls they would not have considered two years ago to be attractive. That's true. Sometimes, people never grow out of this and demand a hot girl even in their 40's.

What Guys Said 8

• Looks are important

• if looks aren't important, you shouldn't want an attractive boyfriend, right, right, right?

haha.

ya, looks matter.

• yea they are but you might just have low self esteem...some really pretty girls have tht because guys re too afraid to go and talk to them...

• I guess to you there important if you don't want an ugly boyfriend :(

• Looks are part of the things I would want in a girlfriend.

• you answered your own question. you're looking for an attractive boyfriend.

seriously though? looks aren't everything. I see mismatched couples all the time

• For some guys, it's not.

Unless you're physically attractive, though, the chances that a guy who's the 'total package' will like you are slim. But, could you get a physically attractive guy who is flawed in other ways (for example, he's unconfident)? Yes, quite easily, especially if you put out and especially if you make the move on him.

• I wish they were less important than they are, as I'm only average or slightly below average. Personally, looks aren't as important to me as personality and common interests, but they are still fairly important.

What Girls Said 2

• To some people looks are very important because it is the first thing that is seen.

If PERSONALITY was the first thing that could be seen, then people would base wanting to get to know you off of that.

Unfortunately, since things are not that way usually someone has to first be attracted to one in order to have that want to get to know the person better.

There are others out there, that care very little about looks and would rather give a person a chance.

Confidence can make you look a whole lot better in someone's eyes.

No one is perfect.

We cannot change who we are physically (assuming you will not waste money on surgery), so we have to be content with it and work with what we have.

• To most people, yes but I have seen girls that are average looking that have hot boyfriends. Your personality matters despite what the immature guys think.