Why do girls brush off good guys but are so quick to try and get to know bad guys?

From what I see it isn't even a matter of looks either. Some of the prettiest girls go after some real low life guys that aren't even that good looking, and their behavior is far from being refined and proper, even socially acceptable, but when a guy comes around with many positive attributes and is at least considerably handsome, these girls mysteriously shy away, or will say they aren't interested.

By why are these girls so quick to get to know these guys that they have to know will have no significance in their lives, and barely even attempt to talk or get to know a guy that is so much more fit for them? It doesn't make any sense. These guys are giving them ALL the reason to make the effort to get to know them, but they don't. This isn't even a matter of it "not being the right guy" either because they're not actually dating the right guys anyway, the guys they do choose to spend their time with.

Who are they to rule a good guy off so quickly? To the extent where they won't even be friends with the guy? This is what guys are actually dealing with now these days! It's so beyond frustrating. It really makes me quite angry, thinking about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do girls brush off good guys but are so quick to try and get to know bad guys?

Probably because the bad guys are more attractive, interesting, fun to be around, or have more wealth/status.

I find guys are only good to gals when they have no to little other desirable traits as it seems goodness/niceness is only a ploy used to achieve the goal of f*cking a gal going by how easily and often so many guys become the a**hole they truly are because being nice 'isn't working'.

By why are these girls so quick to get to know these guys that they have to know will have no significance in their lives, and barely even attempt to talk or get to know a guy that is so much more fit for them?

Egh a bit off to state which guy is so much more fit for them especially as I find guys tend to be quite bias thinking they are entitled to the gal they want so if they want her they think that he's more fit for her than other guys.

Who are they to rule a good guy off so quickly?

They are people who get to decide what they want for themselves.

To the extent where they won't even be friends with the guy?

In my opinion considering how often guys whine and b*tch about the friend zone and how it's using and abusing a guy that's a good thing as at least she won't endure the likelihood of having a guy she thought was her friend truly be a guy who wanted in her pants and b*tched about her behind her back.

What Girls Said 5

• Because bad boys provide women with a challenge while good guys don't. Women are hit on all the time, just going to the store in sweats. A good guy will buy you followers, tell you that you're beautiful off the bat, start talking about a family, he'll spend money on you and buy you gifts just because he thinks you're pretty or he may even come across stalker-ish, like he's putting you on a pedestal higher than what he values himself, so women usually think 'Maybe I am too good for him'. When a man gives a woman TOO much credit TOO early for NO reason, it's not attractive...while a bad boy will keep you on your toes and wondering what he really thinks of you, how you could capture his heart, if you could "change" him to be a good guy for you and only you.

• Think about it this way, if a man loves a woman, why would he make things harder for her? He wants her to know that he's in it for the right reasons because that's what respect and love is all about. A douche bag will manipulate her and live for himself and do whatever he wants, even in disrespect to the girl, but it's only the challenge that she likes, not the guy himself.

I really wish women today could just see a man for who he is. Not for what they want him to be. Why waste your time?

• Also read the other response I made for the furthest question down. A lot of guys out there aren't doing their best, but in all honesty, neither are a lot of girls. That really frustrates me.

• I'm in a relationship with a nice guy, but he has confidence, humor, is adventurous, and has many interesting hobbies and talents. Nice guys without confidence also don't show off how interesting they are due to fear so girls aren't interested in someone they perceive as boring and with nothing to offer.

• That's so far from the truth. Everyone has their own story and things to offer. Besides I am confident but do become afraid around a girl I like. It's normal and it should be a reason for a girl to try and get the guy to crack, not actually run away to a guy that actually DOES crack or some sh*t xD

Because what would a guy like that have to offer? Nothing. It's not like girls don't get scared when they like a guy. It's the same for guys.

• Well maybe they should. A guy can't do everything in a relationship, even a flirting interaction.

• That is not how it works. They will if they want to. If they don't want to, then move on.

• That'll change as girls mature

• Hopefully. I'm preparing for the worst, not holding my breath.

• Bc its hard to believe that you're actually genuine. We're so used to getting the jerks and the bad boys that when the good guys comes along we automatically call BS.

• This hasn't been asked before...

No seriously, it's because of the confidence. A lot of girls that age are just looking for a good time I guess. But no guy no matter how nice is entitled to a girlfriend despite what so many nice guys think.

• It's not an entitled feeling at all. It's just confusion as to why a girl would literally make ZERO effort in getting to know a nice guy, even if she just wants to be friends. To have a friend, you have to be a friend correct?

Also, there's a certain quality about such a guy where he's going to want the best for any girl that he likes. For me, when I see that a guy isn't giving a girl his best that's upsetting because if I were in his shoes, I would.

What Guys Said 0