Why am I having such a hard time finding love?

I am 22, and I have only had one experience with a guy which was last year and it was horrible. I am starting to think that will be the only type of person, or only guy that I will be able to have anything with, only he was an a**hole and I don't want to have anything to do anymore. I am on okcupid, I get a lot of compliments on my looks and personality but I can't seem to find anyone outside okcupid. What am I doing wrong? Also guys say they prefer girls without makeup but go to girls who have a ton of makeup on and call them hot. Should I start wearing makeup? I am beginning to think that I will never find anyone, I won't find my soul mate. What should I do? What is wrong with me? The guy I was with told me I was crazy and a lost cause and I am starting to think it's true. Lately I have been feeling like I am a bad person.

I'm beginning to think that I only attract desperate/clingy guys too... they get so infatuated so fast. That was exactly what happened last year and it ended horribly. I'm scared of repeating the same cycle again.

What Guys Said 1

• In all honesty there is so much out there and sometimes you can find what your looking for in places you don't expect to find them. After my break up I was a mess, I got out of a ten year relationship and I thought it was over for me. I felt like a part of me was missing and although I haven't found anyone new yet I've begun to realize that I have to set standards for myself and you should do the same too... Realizing that there are people who are there for you not just as a partner but as your family and friends will help you get through the tough times

What Girls Said 0