Do people who eat healthy look down on people who do not?

And vice versa? do people who eat unhealthily look down on those who do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I eat very healthy and I don't care at all what other people put into their bodies.

That said, I definitely DO care what my parents, my brother and my SO are eating because I care about their well-being. I don't look down on them when they order something bad but I do say "Dad... seriously? Come on..." I helped my parents halve their cholesterol so I care very much.

It does bother me when a friend/stranger/acquaintance/colleague constantly whines and complains about their health issues, their weight, their lack of energy etc. even after they've asked me for advice.

If they want to eat crap, they need to accept what comes along with it and we'll both be happy. But eat unhealthy food and complain and it really gets on my nerves.

That's the only time I care.

I get a lot of negative, snide remarks about the way I eat but I've learned to ignore it all because it's is all mostly coming from the people who are complaining about their health issues (that are easily treatable with a change in diet).

So whatever.

What Girls Said 11

• I do sometimes. My first week in college I saw two guys getting groceries together and all the bought was pizza, rice and those Uncle Ben's sauces. They looked like they had no idea what they were doing, but that was kind of cute.

I think it's terrible when the same happens with families, like when I see mom getting food with three kids and she's buying tons of processed meat, cooking sauces, cereal I'm just thinking "What are you doing?"

• I don't think so. I eat relatively healthily, but I'm not psychotic about it. I try not to look down on anybody, but I find it annoying when people go too far in either direction. Being a complete glutton is just gross, but being afraid to go one calorie over your daily limit is just ridiculous. Sometimes you just have to let loose, you know?

• not the happy ones. the ones who deprive themselves might.

• Most do some don't depends how judgmental the person is I guess

• No, at least I don't. I only eat healthily because I have to. I'd like to eat unhealthily and get away with it!

• I don`t

• it depends on how much importance or image they have of themselves and what they eat.

• I guess it depends.

My friend want to be a dietitian but she doesn't. She love pizza and cheese dip in moderation and exercises regularly.

Now I know some people do and think others are slobs and don't respect their body and such.

I think it just depends on their views on healthy and how extreme they are with it or just how judgmental they are of a person.

• From my experience, MANY healthy people look down on those who aren't, often calling them stupid. It's weird, because it's just a personal choice and it doesn't hurt them, but some people seem outright ANGRY that someone else would choose pizza over a salad. It's ridiculous. People need to mind their own business more often.

• some may, sometimes you need to take out the unhealthy people from your life.

• No. I eat healthy but I don't care what other people eat.

What Guys Said 8

• I tend to see more of the other way around ironically. There are some "health nuts" who micromanage every calorie they take in but they're pretty rare.

What I see the most of is unhealthy people trying to criticize the healthy people. I take protein powder as a supplement to my workouts and someone found out and tried to criticize me claiming I didn't eat actual food and that my diet was basically junk food. Basically if a guy looks healthy and is caught eating dessert in public there's a chance someone will hypocritically criticize his diet and try to tell him that all his exercising will go out the window and blah blah blah.

• To some extent, people who stuff down their pizza resent people who eat better; they think the healthy eaters look down on them, so they put they down and call them nerds or grass eaters, etc.

And people who eat healthy do often think people who are eating hamburgers are idiots or fools.

You don't see many couples where one person is health conscious and the other couldn't care less!

• I don't look down on anyone. My family for instance doesn't eat healthy all the time and I will give them sh*t for it because I would like then to be more conscious of what they eat. You can say whatever you want about that but it actually made them start to eat healthier...

Other people can eat whatever the f*** they want.

I do look down on vegans and vegetarians (more so vegans) because they only change their diet out of some self-righteous-god complex. Your a normal human like the rest of us...

• I feel a bit uncomfortable when the people I care about are vegan or vegetarian as I think they are setting themselves up for a nutrient deficiency, especially when it affects their kids and I see them showing extreme symptoms of ADHD or depression. Some kids don't like vegetables and some kids don't like meat, but omnivorous behavior should be encouraged (even if you have to sneak a protein shake in their milk).

Missing nutrients that are generally only (bio) available in meat is calcium, iron, B12 and omega-3 (plant sources have a very poor conversion to EPA whereas seafood already has the converted EPA and DHA). There is also lacking vitamin A, plant vitamin A is a precursor (beta carotene) and must also be converted, conversion is poor if not combined with saturated fat, a typical animal fat. Then there is vitamin D, zinc and animal protein (animal proteins are all complete and do not lack certain amino acids like plant protein, also contain more leucine which is better for muscle growth, maintenance and recovery from an active lifestyle). Vitamin D won't be an issue if you're in the sun all year long.

• Many people search excuses to look on on others (to feel better). Eating healthy can be one of those excuses.

• My aunt and uncle do this constantly. They think they are helping but all they do is piss people off who are trying to lose weight.

• Yes good question. For the most part they do.

• I eat healthy food but by choice, they are just so delicious. I don't care what others eat.