Are you more attracted to people who share a lot of your traits than not?

Skin color, hair color, facial shape, proportionate height*, eye color, teeth, ears, nose, physique, legs, arms, abs, butts*, freckles, dimples, cute abnormalities, birthmarks, etc.

There are a lot of things that humans can have in common. What I want to know is if you're more interested in people who share those things. What percentage of things do you think should "match?"

This is not a mental or spiritual question. This is specifically physical. I do not want to hear how both of you must love Tennis as that is a mental connection played out physically and I'm really not interested in hearing you won't date anyone who isn't a LaVeyan Satanist. I'm so over that.

*Proportional Height: A sensible height range. So perhaps you like people who are a bit taller or shorter than yourself, say within 4~6 inches, but anything more or less is considered disproportionate since it inhibits many activities.

**Why do humans like butts? No, really. Why? Now before people say "HIPS!", no, women like butts, and there are men who specifically ignore hips for butts! It's maddening, no?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm mostly attracted to people who have precisely the same pubes as mine.

What Girls Said 4

• if it's strictly physical characteristics you're talking about, then no.

Actually, different physical characteristics make it even more interesting tham similar things.

**Why men like butts, I'm guessing it has something to do with sex and the positions, having something to jiggle, to grab, etc. As for why women like male butts, I have no idea lol Maybe well-trained glutes that aren't covered in hair is just aesthetically pleasing. Could also be a feminism thing, if men can like female butts, then women can also see male butts as objects too. I honestly don't know why lol.

• In a way, subconsciously my past boyfriends have had similar traits to me. Most of my past boyfriends have had blond hair. All the guys I have ever dated have been taller than me, and we have had similar skin color. I think 25% is quite common, I mean there are many couples who have the same eye color or hair color.

• i guess they are relatively similar looking. many differences though. they tended to have the same eye and hair color. various skin tones from tan to alabaster. different face shape, ears and teeth. definitely not the same jawline. I am drawn to a defined jawline. I like cute abnormalities that I don't have especially speech impediments. voice is very important. I don't like low pitch.

i have NEVER been interested in butts.

• Nope. The only trait they usually share is height (I'm tall). I guess I also go for guys who are somewhat in shape. Other than that they tend to be physical opposites.

What Guys Said 6

• personality wise, interest, political, bla bla I typically find myself attracted to people who share those types of feelings

but physically I typically actually am attracted to people who are different than I am.

• Oh, god, no!

• physically, no. The girls I'm into are usually quite different. The girl I'm into now (but I'm failing with because we aren't talking atm), for example,looks nothing like me

• Babies show prejudice. Toddlers also do. Subjection to many races, circumstances and social situations change it. The more exposure to different cultures will change that especially at an early age. The older I got the less racist I was. My parents were very racist and I was born and raised in an all white town. These days I am attracted to (friends and lovers) to all people from most or all walks of life. I find pleasure in learning from how other people live, have fun, eat and socialize.

• I guess I do. I'm attracted to a big toothy smile,facial dimples. Girls who are around my height. Full lips. I love brown eyes and thick eyebrows too

• Physical things don't matter to me. I need to be attracted sure but I don't care about the color of someone's skin or their ethnic background.

I will say that hairy women creep me out.. Only because I'm not very hairy at all and it's weird to me when girls are hairier than I am. That's pretty much my only physical deal breaker.

• The last two sentences were the only ones that really mattered. You don't get more XP for typing more, you know.

• Oh! Happy recovery!

• Thanks I appreciate it.