Were you ever considered a 'goody-goody two shoes' in high school or college?

I ask because I was inspired by my 18 year old college friend saying she wouldn't drink even if she 21 because she's a Goody-goody two shoes.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I was bad to other human beings, got expelled and then suspended twice from my next school and I constantly bunked, fought with teachers, hit other students so I was considered a bad girl because I had a IDGF attitude. I was a TERROR and was sent to do community service, visit a Psych for years and had a couple of hearings at the Human Rights Commission

But I never did any:

Drugs

Alcohol

Sleeping around/hooking up.

Club/bar hopping

I'm 22. The legal age for everything here in South Africa is 18 and I still don't drink and I've never touched drugs - not even weed. Only been to a club twice and spent the night sitting alone on the couches. I'm in a long term relationship with the second guy I've ever kissed.

So you decide what is good and what is not.

I like not having done any of that stuff. I feel special when people hear about it. They look at you differently. Treat you differently for sure. Most people I know drink/do drugs because they are curious and want to experience it... But basically everyone does it, you're just part of the herd and the herd has all had The. Exact. Same. Experience. Nothing interesting there.

I can have just as much fun as you when you're drunk.

I can act just as stupid even though I'm sober and I can have deeper conversations than you can while you're high.

What Guys Said 5

• I pretty much was. Sure I did some dumb stuff, but nothing major. I don't see not drinking when you are legally allowed as being a goody two shoes though, that's like implying that people who do drink are bad

• Yes I were and I'm still now.

• no started drinking at middle school with my buds

• Yeah I think I probably was

• No. not even close. I should of served prison time.

What Girls Said 11

• I think it's silly not to drink out of a desire to be "good." Being good is being empathic and giving, volunteering time, and trying hard to avoid hurting others.

If someone doesn't like the way alcohol makes her feel, fine. And obviously alcoholics have to stay away from the stuff. But if someone thinks drinking makes one less good, that person is way off base.

• Atleast to me, there's a difference between good and goody-goody two shoes. The latter is the kind of person every parents wishes their child could be. The opposite of a rebel. A law-abiding citizen, basically.

• My normal group of friends in both high school and college don't think so, but they're all rule followers like me so we tend to not notice. But at work I'm easily one of the most innocent people who works there (I'm like 90% sure I'm the only virgin -- except maybe an engaged couple of super Christians that have been together for a long time that I'm not really sure about).

The difference is mainly that I'm a lot more real with my friends than I am with my coworkers. I'm generally nice all around, but I'm much more likely to show anger or malice towards something when I'm hanging in the student lounge than when I'm at work.

• Is that even a reason?

I could see someone saying, "I'm not going to do something because I'm not that type of person".

But not because "I am a goody two shoes".

But anyway, I was at one point before I got a little corrupted, haha.

• At the beginning of High School yes...by the end of High School, I was quite the opposite.

• Hahahahaha not at all.

• No, I'm one of those comedians :)

• Yes I guess in hs I was. Only becausr my Dad was strict.

• Yes till today buti am not so goody always. Have my rebellious side too.

• No. I was a fun party girl. Far from a saint. But I loved my high school years. Actually, everyone in my high school was like me.

• Yes -__-.

It got annoying. Just beacuse I don't smoke weed or get bad grades.

• Absolutely.

In high school, I never drank, never did drugs, never dated. It wasn't that I was a prude or a goody-goody, it was just circumstance... I was really fat and miserable from it. Stayed away from people as much as I could, for the most part.