"Hipster" Fashion. Help?

So my SO is really into the hipster style and finds it really attractive. I found this out when the other day I wore a big, baggy white sweater with leggings and combat boots. Because they said I looked really hipster and hot that day. I honestly don't know what hipster people dress like, so I need some help. What are some cute/hot hipster outfits I could wear? (please no hats I look awful in hats) links would be great or descriptions of things. Thanks for the help ladies and gents :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Tumblr is probably the best place to go to for ideas on outfits.

link

Personally I find the whole baggy sweaters with leggings look to be really cute.

Stores like American Apparel, H&M, ASOS, CobraSnake, Urban Outfitters, various thrift shops, Salvation Army, and second - hand stores sell hipster clothing.

And, some of the type of clothing you would wear would be skinny jeans, baggy sweaters, high waisted shorts with leggings, and wear ironic tops. For tops, the following are good picks: ironic tees, plaid shirts, cowboy shirts, and anything in gingham, plaid, checkers, paisley, vintage florals. Many hipsters sport tops with appliques, images of animals or forests, other images, characters from children's TV, and ironic sayings or even book covers. Fitted hoodies are perfect, too.

link

link

link

link

What Guys Said 4

• I don't like hipsters or their style they butcher everything style they get thier hands on. The fedora used to be a dignified and respected hat before they got their hands on it it's a suit only hat not casual.

• It probably matters not to you but I find the stereotypical style atrocious and unflattering to the female figure.

• When I think of hipster ppl, it reminds me of leonard, sheldon, and walowitz from big bang theory, so just think nerd.

• Just pick out the worst looking clothes you can find. Make sure nothing goes together and add some cheap looking plastic glasses. Pretend to be arty and aloof. Then you will be a perfect hipster.

For further info check out this video.

link

• Haha, that's one of the funniest/worst videos ever XD

What Girls Said 5

• Pinterest, tumblr and polyvore(which is a fashion site) will all help.

Also, I recommend you check out clothesencounters on YouTube. Here are some of her videos:

link

link

link

link

She used to shop at the Goodwill A LOT. But keep in mind she lives in Cali so, she might wear things that fit Cali weather that may not fit your weather (if you don't live there)

• Hipster is glee and the version of modernized 80s nerd. Contrast of colors and patterns, eye glasses, fedoras artist hats and tams. But really pretty much anything you see those kids wear on glee is basically hipster.

• Lots of layers. Earth tones + florals. Mix gold and silver jewelry. Wear your hair natural, whether it's straight wavy curly kinky or in between. Thigh-high stockings with a baby doll dress is very sexy, add a cardigan if you like. Have fun with socks and stockings. Cream lace with olive green and pink is a great color scheme.

• Just look through tumblr, that should give you a pretty good idea of the whole style.

• Definitely go to Tumblr. Crop tops, circle skirts, baggy band tshirts, flower crowns, combat boots