Do guys like girls who don't wear makeup everyday? I feel obligated to sometimes.

I'm 23 a cosmetologist and I was always talked about in cosmetology school because I didn't wear makeup. I feel beautiful just the way I am & I would always have girls say why don't you wear makeup blah blah blah and when I got a compliment they would get defensive. I'm not saying all girls that wear makeup are like that but the girls in my school were. I feel obligated to wear it sometimes I've known girls who wore it at a young age & I would feel the pressure from it to do it to feel more attractive and "attract men".

I don't have a problem with it except when someone puts it on & looks like a totally different person after I've seen the videos on YouTube and sometimes I'm like whooaa slow down. One video I watched a girl spent $400 just on her "every day" face routine I could never do that. I will put mascara,top eyeliner and some gloss on that's it no foundation unless I break out a bit no blush or concealer etc. But there is still that thing in me saying put more on so you can be "normal" but I'm also going to school to be a mechanic I don't have time to do all that I get told I'm pretty all the time but I don't believe it sometimes b.c I feel like I have to wear makeup to achieve that extra amount of attractiveness.

My cousin from out of town told me the other day after I just worked out & knocked on the door he says girl you look good natural a lot of people can't get away with that these days & I'm all sweaty and greasy looking but I said thank you.A lot of people tell me I'm pretty my moms boss,her bosses co workers etc. SO how do men feel about makeup should I wear it more or just rock my natural will it really attract men more?

Most Helpful Guy

• I really hate this, it just makes no sense to me. First of all, your cousin is right. Not many people can pull of a natural look, if you can PLEASE do it. That is the hottest thing in the world IMO, a girls that is just naturally pretty. Second, if natural is what you like, and that's who you are, why in the hell would you even consider putting on make-up for someone else? It makes no sense to me why people even consider changing to fit some bs "mold". I wear a cowboy hat every single day, from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. I couldn't imagine taking it off so more girls would be attracted to me. If someone isn't attracted to you exactly how you are, then screw em! Because someone out there will be. And when you find that someone you'll be able to wake up every day and be you. Makeup is amazing, I'm actually very interested in cosmetology and how you can make an average girl look like a super model. But you have to do you honey. Be yourself, and be proud of being gorgeous. It doesn't get any sexier than a naturally beautiful and confident girl. To hell with everybody else, you need only impress yourself. :)

What Guys Said 3

• I think eyeliner and lip gloss can go a LONG way, and that most girls would look just fine wearing only that. I get wearing make-up for special occasions, but every day? For what?

• If you wear it all the time, it would be weird to see you without it...same with glasses, if you wear them all the time, it would be weird to see them off

• I LOVE seing girls going without make up! To me it shows confidence and a care free attitude. I never find women in make up attractive.

What Girls Said 5

• I have never worn make-up and so far that hasn't stopped guys from approaching or flirting with me.

The only time I put on a small bit of make-up is for a formal occasion / dinner / dance. I've never felt any pressure to wear make-up... the most guys have ever said to me about it, is that they'd be curious to see what I would look like with some on.

• If you work in cosmetology, you should wear makeup. That is your craft. Why would you feel obligated? Think of it as displaying your talents. I don't think makeup is for attracting men. Men don't give a f*** as long as you look good. It's women who notice the little details like do you have a smoky eye? Are you wearing MAC? How you wing your liner and sh*t like that..if you're doing it for men then you're doing it all wrong because they're not as into makeup like women are. Just do it for yourself (and your occupation)

• Do whatever makes you feel confident. When my skin is clear I love to not wear makeup because I feel confident in my appearance. When my skin breaks out or I want to do something different, I'll wear makeup. Some women are insecure being around naturally pretty faces, so they try to make themselves feel better (give themselves a confident boost) by critiquing those natural women. Don't let it get to you. If you feel good without makeup then I say flaunt those good looks of yours! Wouldn't you rather have the people around you compliment your natural looks than the false image makeup gives you? Makeup is pretty, but it isn't who you really are.

• Guys don't appreciate that girls look so different without their makeup on.

That's because most girls are insecure and go overboard - make their lips look fuller, change the shape of their eyebrows and eyes, contour to make it look like they've got insane cheekbones, change the natural shade of their lips etc.

Your makeup should really just exaggerate your ACTUAL features very slightly.

My Boyfriend gives me loads of compliments when I'm not wearing makeup but he likes it when we go out and "it looks like I've made an effort" and done myself up a bit - lip gloss and mascara

• It might not attract more men, but it will attract the RIGHT men!

You want to find a guy that thinks you're beatiful JUST AS YOU ARE!

<3