Is anyone good at telling whether or not a girl might like a guy?

So there is this girl in my college class. We sit next to each other and she seems like she's ALWAYS trying to start convos with me. Even when she says something out loud she either looks at me or looks at someone else and then right to me. But I have noticed that her legs sometimes brush up against mine under the table on more occasions than one. I never move my leg because I like it lol. But she's said out loud twice that she doesn't have a boyfriend at my table.

We had class Monday, and I was there at the table alone and then she sat down and we talked for a little bit and I made her laugh a few times. Then a guy came and sat down and she talked to him a little bit and was talking about texting him and stuff. I feel like she might have been trying to possibly make me jealous because I don't have her number. What do you think?

Honestly, I feel like she's way out of my league because she's gorgeous. Kinda curious if she's just being a flirt or if she might be interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a great question, bro.

First off, on the one hand it kind of seems like she's desperate for a boyfriend so that she can have that image either to make her own ego feel good or to make some girls in her circle jealous. But on the OTHER hand, she does seem like she's sincerely trying to get your attention and let you know she must like you and definitely wanted you to know she's single if she's mentioned TWICE that she has no boyfriend. So with all this, I would say before you let her know you like her, you should scope out the area with her, have more conversations with her and kind of throw out questions and topics to see what her responses are. How she responds will either confirm the first part I told you, about her just wanting an image of having a boyfriend, or if she's really into you.

As for her being out of your league. Don't even let yourself get caught up in all that, man. That's just society's age old trick of trying to program guys into thinking that any attractive girl you're into will always be out of your league, especially if she's "popular." The media plays mind games on us to make us think we have to go through a hell of a lot of work to attract or appeal to a girl. Don't fall for it. Just do your thing. If she's honestly into you, it won't matter anyway whether you think she's out of your league or not, because obviously she doesn't.

Hoping for the best for ya. May the Force be with you.

What Girls Said 4

• It kinda sounds as if she might like you, based on what you've said. But then maybe she just had a flirty personality and is like that with a lot of people. It's hard to tell. If you want to find out if she does like you, perhaps you could try talking to her out of class or hanging out with her sometime. That way, you might be able to tell if she's being flirty just with you, or when she's around a lot of people

• this is too vague. I need more info.

• If you look up "Out of my league" here on GAG, you will find several helpful answers to your question...

• I think she kind of likes you! Cause brushing her leg is not an accident. Especially if it it more than one occasion! :O And was the guy that sat down next to her super hot?

• I mean she's a solid 10, Barbie-looking kinda girl. The guy that sat down seems like her friend. I mean as a straight guy, I'd say he's not bad looking. They walked in together one time and they must have another class together. But right after we talked she was all "blah blah blah I texted you last night".

What Guys Said 3

• If she's got that many guys after her, she might just be a total flirt, who tries to get very guy she meets turned on to her, but is only playing with all of them.

My opinion would be that she doesn't have any serious interest in you. She deliberately touches you and make sure you hear her saying she has no boy friend. But she has never given you her number..and probably never will..too many other guys already are talking to her.

She immediately turns her attention to another guy...this is just being a flirt. It's wishful thinking to think that a girl with 700+ followers would bother to try to make you jealous, isn't it?

• A beautiful girl around that age should have a vague idea of what she wants next. Regardless of you're thinking of how you rank below her, she might prefer someone like that.

Not everyone ranks possible relationships based on how popular the potential girl/boy is. Perhaps she values substantial characteristics more than superficial qualities.

It's possible she likes you.
    It's possible she's trying to make you jealous.
    It's 100% true she finds you interesting. (I know this from her trying to always gauge your reaction.)

• Is this always the same girl that you are bombarding Girls Ask Guys with or are these all different girls?