Acne only on one side?

For a few years now, I have been getting acne breakouts but only on the right side of my face. I have no idea what could cause this. I know that at my age (28), I should be done with acne period, right? Then why am I getting breakouts? And why only on one side of my face?

Most Helpful Girl

• well... I would suggest google but nobody likes that idea... hmm... well, when I googled it some said it is probably because you always sleeping on your right side and if you have any hair products in your hair you rub it off on your pillow. then it gets on your face when you lay down and sleep with the right side of your face on the pillow. hope this helps! ^.^

What Girls Said 2

• your cellphone carries oils and dead skin particles from your face...you should wipe it off daily with a little alcohol and a cotton ball...just to disinfect and clean it up. also, change your pillowcase weekly.

• Do you sleep on one side of your face? Try changing your pillowcase more often

• I toss and turn when I sleep, so not just on one side no

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know, I have had more acne after the age of 21 than I ever had before. My best guess as to why one side more than the other would have to do with how hair grows in on your face, it may be a bit asymmetrical. I think starting to grow more facial hair is the reason why I have had more pimples. You might be touching your face more on that side also. Touching your face introduces a lot of bacteria that shouldn't be there which can lead to more acne.

My best advice to remedy the situation is to wash your face regularly with a warm wash cloth but with no soap, because the soap will dry your skin out even more and make you get more pimples. Also, if you are going to use a pimple cream, don't use the super strong stuff, get a more mild one like Neutrogena's On-the-Spot which only has 2.5% benzoyle peroxide. Anything more can actually damage your skin more leading to more breakouts.