Overdoing makeup issue?

If you're a guy did you ever have a girlfriend or girl friends who used too much makeup and tried talking to them about it? How did it go?, girls how do I talk to my friend/best friend about her using too much makeup ? This is kind of a sensitive subject to talk about and could ruin the whole friendship, I've seen frnds lose each other because one frnd tried to help and the other girl claimed her frnd was jealous that's why she criticized her >.> !

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have a problem with this. I always put on a little and thought "wow that looks so good, just a little more will be amazing!" I appreciated when familiy told me it was too heavy and now I wear a lot less. Keep in mind she may be self concious about some percieved flaw (ie maybe she thinks she has bad skin etc) and wants to cover it, or maybe she just thinks more is better like I used to.

To be honest, you should be very careful how you go about this. Sometime when you guys are hanging out or getting ready, ask if you can do her makeup and give her a lighter look and then tell her how amazing she looks. I wouldn't just blurt out "you wear way too much makeup!" that could get awkward or she might get offended.

What Guys Said 2

• I've never met a girl who didn't get upset, if not angry, if I criticize her makeup in ANY way.

ESPECIALLY if I even HINT that she uses too much!

• I don't like cake faces, keep it to a minimum. Besides, pretty girls usually don't need much ;)

What Girls Said 6

• ' you are so pretty you should wear more natural make up to let it show! I bet if you didn't even wear anything besides mascara youd still look like a knock out, I'm so jealous :)'

flattery with subliminal messaging for overly sensitive friends imo

• When you see her with little/no makeup, tell her she looks gorgeous and she doesn't need to wear a lot of makeup.

If she doesn't get the hint from that, I'd just leave it. It's her choice and eventually she'll figure it out.

• don't do it. everyone has a different sense of what they like; it's not your place to criticize her or tell her what you think is best unless she asks you what your opinion is.

• Obvioualy that's what I meant because she always takes my opinion and I have to tell her it looks nice because I don't wanna upset her you know

• Eh...

Whatever you tell her she probably wouldn't listen...Most that wear too much don't listen and think they look great.

• Why would you tell her that? If it's not hurting anyone then leave her alone. Maybe she likes the way it looks. Maybe she likes to look glamorous and put lots of makeup on. Not everyone digs the natural look. If I was her, I'd get offended.

• don't tell her. it's not really your business and she probably won't listen anyway.