Exactly how important are looks to you?

On a scale of one to ten. And which do you think is more important: Looks or personality? Personality without a doubt for me, because looks don't define who a person is.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have this weird thing where I can't get attracted to a guy until I talk to him and find out what he's about. Of course personality is more important than looks because looks aren't forever. Of all the guys that I've liked, I've liked them after knowing them for a bit and I fell for them because they were smart or funny or witty which usually increases their attractiveness in my eyes. In terms of looks, they are "average" (that's what my friends tell me), but once you really fall for anyone, you love everything about them, including all their physical "flaws."

Looks are of minor importance to me. The only physical quality that would put me off from going after a guy I really like is if he is unhealthily overweight; in that case, I would encourage him to lose the weight and get healthy. Otherwise, it's mostly all about personality for me. There is no bigger turn-on than a spicy conversation so even if the guy looks like a supermodel but can't carry a decent conversation, I will die from boredom.

What Girls Said 3

• here's the deal. its impossible to say that one is more important than the other. I was dating this guy who was the most amazing person ever but I wasn't physically attracted to him. I figured he deserved a chance. we dated for a couple months but I ended things because I just couldn't get into anything physical with him. its unfortunate that looks can do that, but its nothing you can help.

• I'd say looks are about a 4 or a 5. Personality is definitely more important for me. I don't care how amazing a guy looks, if he is a jerk I won't even consider dating him. I only rate looks as high as a 4 or 5 because I have to at least be attracted to the person I'm dating or it wouldn't really work very well. Personality definitely plays the biggest role for me.

• Looks initially attract you to a person, and then personality allows you to get to know them and determine whether or not you still like them after the initial physical attraction. All in all, looks fade, but a person's personality stays pretty much the same throughout their lifespan.

What Guys Said 2

• Looks are important to a certain extent, because a physical attraction needs to be there on some level. But personality is infinitely more important in the long run, because looks fade with time - and we're left with who we are on the inside, which is the most important part of ourselves.

• I'm much more into personality and intelligence, but I admit it's really hard to overcome the charms of an attractive girl with confidence. Those girls are in an entirely different league if you ask me. But for the most part, I've never dated or liked a girl purely because she's pretty. I think that's a poor factor to judge your dates, as you'll more than likely be disappointed. As for your scale, I'd say 5.