Why do some girls look at guys,but pretend not to look when the guy makes eye contact?

Guys have you ever experienced this one... and girls give me your opinion as to why would a girl do this...

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I do that because I'm shy and I don't want you to feel weird because you just caught me starring at you.

I'm a very shy person and if I turn away slowly, I do that to let you know I'm interested but too shy to make the first move to come and talk to you

• But then how do you know she just happened to look there randomly and doesn't really want him to approach?

• Does it mean you would like him to approach you and start a conversation?

What Girls Said 6

• Most likely the same reason guys do it.

• Ha I'd blush! Shyness for sure.

• YES! It's super rare for a girl who is crushing on you to reject your approaches. Like she'd have to be lesbian or just plain weird.

• I do this all the time. Why? Because I'm shy/a coward.

• I don`t want to be caught checking out the guy.It`s mostly shyness.

• It's only shyness.

• If I'm actually into him I won't break eye-contact, or I'll look away and then look again and catch his eye. Probably smile, too. If I just plain look away and pretend I never saw him, I'm not keen about him talking to me or approaching me. That's just me though. I'm not really shy.

What Guys Said 2

• I see girls looking sometimes and of course they look away and I have almost zero clue what they are thinking. I realize even if they were staring, they probably don't want me to know that.

• Yepp, I experience this constantly, every day at college (where I am most of the day).

As important as eye contact is in indicating interest, it's baffling that girls avoid eye contact at almost all cost