Ever wanted to tell someone they looked pretty/cute, but didn't wanna say it?

Has anybody on here ever had a time where they saw a girl or guy that looked really good on a certain day, but you didn't wanna say "hey, you look pretty/cute today" because you were afraid they would view you differently and might avoid you?

I know this girl in the Marching band who looked extremely pretty and wanted to somehow tell her, but I was afraid that if I did, she would think differently about me and avoid me after that, so I didn't tell her.

Has anybody else ever dealt with this? This is open to both guys and girls. I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you have a crush on this girl? Is that why a guy would compliment a girl because he is attracted to her?

This guy I know. He compliments me. When I walk by him he is like, hey gorgeous. Once when I was joking around with him even heard him mumble beautiful when I was walking off. I had a big crush on him so that made my day!

Just was not sure if he was just being friendly or not though, regardless it still made me feel good and all he got was a smile in return.

Another time I had a crush on someone in the past and complimented them on their new hair cut. I could he got a good ego boost out of that to and that made me feel good!

There is no harm doing it. But I mainly only compliment people I am attracted to. :-). Is this the same for guys?

• I only compliment a girl whom I have interest in, so yeah!

I doubt any of the girls I like even have any remote interest in me, though. I'm afraid I'll just make it more awkward for us if I say "I like your look today" or something like that.

• I think just casually do it. Don't make a big deal about it. Then carry on and do whatever. My tip anyway.

If she talks to you great. If not just walk off. Then maybe try it again another time later on down the track when you see it again.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes! I just wish that we could give compliments more freely to both genders and not always be seen as hitting in them.

• yeah. but I am shy so I do not tell them anything.

• Yes but I held back because I didn't want the guy to think that I like him. But I would say that to a friend or mutual friend about it

• Yes, I've wanted to compliment people before, but didn't. It was mainly because I didn't want them assuming anything based on the compliment, other times it's just because I didn't want them knowing that I thought that about them. It's very difficult for me to tell people how I feel about them or what they mean to me, etc.

What Guys Said 4

• Dear god yes.

There's a girl I'm seriously crushing on big time, and I just don't have the balls to say it. Especially since I'm not much of a talker and can't hold up a good conversation; not with a stranger at least, despite I really really want to get to know her.

And even with girls I couldn't care less about, even thought they are very attractive, I just can't say anything about their appearance - it's somehow ingrained in me that it's a very sexist thing to do. Completely irrational thinking, but sadly that's the way it is.

In the back of my mind I always keep thinking about a video I saw where a guy runs to a woman on the street, stops her and says to her something like "Sorry, but I have to tell you something; you look very lovely. Have a nice day." ...and walks away. Man, I wish I could be like that (even though the video was staged - didn't seem like that - I still wish I could do that)

• I avoid making compliments to a girl I would have a crush on because I'm also afraid they'll be offended and slap me or something. I'm incredibly shy and don't wanna make anything between her and me awkward.

• All time. I avoid it all cost though. Some women will take an innocent compliment like an insult lol. Some people just can't take a compliment.

• Sure, all the time with coworkers. Don't want to make things awkward in the workplace.

• You just gotta be a pimp about it. If you see something you like, say so. If you feel a girl is lookin' mighty fine and you really want her to know it, tell her. Who the f*** cares what she thinks in return. All that matters is that you see a fine piece of woman and you feel she deserves to know it. Now you're a pimp AND a gentleman.