When giving style advice, do you try to work in a little flirtation at the same time?

Ino ther words, when discussing how people dress, do you try to compliment people at the same time?

Thanks to the admin for chasing awaythe troll that was downrating the question!

Most Helpful Girl

• to b honest I don't actually think about that when I give style advice lol, but I realize that I do it because there's truth in it. like if I'm recommending a tight dress to an hourglass shaped girl its because she has beautiful curves that she should show off=]

stuff like that. but yeh that's never a trying thing, its very sincere.

• Just curious if you rated the question, or if it was a troll.

• OK thanks, we prety much thought it was a troll, or trolls...they don't answer questions, they just downarrow and downrate people, apparently this has been going on systematically for some time.

• yeh iv come to the realisation that there are idiots of all sorts on here but they're quite insignificant tbh...

What Girls Said 6

• @update: no offense qa but why do you care so much about downrating anyway?

it wasn't me but I'm just curious… these are people you don't know..

• marty is always like this :/

• That's what bugs me, who are these people who haunt our questions, who don't even know us..and it's not just me, also slug here, just to name one...apparently these people carry out vendettas against quite a few people.

• hmm . they just acting like babiessss I wouldn't put too much thought into it. its quite stupid if you ask me, not everyone is gonna handle themselves maturely I'm afraid

• If I'm giving advice? I guess I don't completely like the outfit if I'm giving advice on it. If I like how the person dressed I just say they look cute and extra fancy today.

• any time, when the girl deserves it ;-)

• Lol giving a compliment and flirting are not the same thing lol Yes when I give style advice I do compliment at the same time (mostly to prevent hurt feelings) And I only give style advice if asked. I do compliment people too but I don't just get into the details like that with people I don't know :)

• I don't but then again I'm not italian

• also, I don't think women generally flirt when giving advice to men.

• No, I don't really give people style advice much anyway, because I don't really have any style advice to give most of the time. Plus, I'm pretty bad at flirting, so I don't see why that would creep its way in.

@Update - We're sorry you're having trouble with a downvoting troll, but we can not see who rates or votes questions/answers either. I gave you 5 stars to help :-)

• Not just me, apparently these people (?) have been on many people's cases for some time...

• I'm sorry, but we can not see who rates or votes questions/answers. That is completely anonymous.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't flirt when giving advice, but I do try to say something nice that would make them feel good. But nothing flirty or anything like that. I just can't be flirty. Don't know how. I usually state my opinion, say what I like about their style already, and that's it.

• they always think I'm sucking up to them because theyre insecure a**holes :) so no, I want to tough its just social

• . I like a fashionable woman and would rarely talk to a woman that is lost looking with her clothes, hygiene, colors, nails, smell etc ? If she is fashionable probably yea.

• Maybe flatter them, but not flirt.