Do you feel you look better or worse in dim lighting?

It was just an observation I had today when I was dress shopping. I felt like I looked like crap in dim lighting, while I look a lot better in bright lights. I always thought it was supposed to be the opposite. I've never really given it much thought before today, so I've never noticed. But the dress is for something important, so I was more observant today.

Anyway, I wondered how other people felt about this. My friend I went with agrees that she looks bad in dim lighting, but I've heard other people think they look horrible in bright lights.

What about you?

• Better
  • Worse

Most Helpful Girl

• I think dim lighting allows the facial bone structure to be more obvious,

which makes your facial features more defined.

So I believe people in general look better in dim lighting.

Unless they want to make their facial bone structure less obvious,

and make the concentration more on tiny details like eye color or something,

then bright lighting is better.

• Lol, I wonder if that's why I feel I look worse in dim lighting. I don't really have much of bone structure. My eyes are my only good feature, the rest of my face is ugly. So maybe the dim lighting brings it out, and the bright light hides it.

• @QA: Hahaha I know right?

• I thought you were being silly, but I wasn't sure. Also, we sometimes misunderstand each other, so I was sure who was possibly misunderstanding who:)

I'm not sure what math has to do with nonmaterialistic values though... Oh well...

What Guys Said 5

• I'm black so in dim lighting I just disappear. Some people like that.

• I look my best in the dark.

• I look better in both bright and ambient light.

I went to modeling school years ago, but this was when I was in my early teens. I did not look that great in ambient light because my face was still chubby, but it becomes symmetrical in bright light.

Now that I am in my 20's, my face's symmetry became more prominent, high cheekbones and a strong defined jaw. I actually got one glamour photography done because of it.

• I know boys aren't really supposed to care about this kind of stuff :) but iv noticed that I also look better in bright like. I think its because it makes my skin have just a better color and my eyes are blue so they stand out better.

• I don't care who answers, guys or girls. :) I've noticed that about my skin too. In my mirror at home, my skin looks great. At the mirror at the dress shop in the dim lighting I looked sick.

• I think it's neither. You look the way you look, and no lighting should change that.

If someone likes you, they'll like your soul and maybe your appearance, and what's on the inside, can't be covered up by lighting.

• It means for example, the shape of your face, nose bridge and forehead.

Everyone has different facial features.

• I was being silly.. It has nothing to do with math, dude lol. I said it because you said he concentrate on unmaterialistic values, rather than "shapes". Which is good, actually. ^-^

• Oh well.. forget it.. I guess I just can't explain myself. LoL xD

What Girls Said 5

• Better lighting

• Worse for sure

• worse lmao

• i think I look bad in dim lighting because I have deep set eyes, so it makes them look too shadowed.

• way worse. My features are not shown.