Girls, do you ever say something like this to look good?

When you like a guy, do you ever try to look good by doing something like this?

Here's a conversation I had with a girl who has a crush on me:

"Oh yeah... I think you need 95% average to get in to that university." then she added, "Which shouldn't isn't hard."

She meant it seriously, because I've known her long enough to know when she's joking or being serious.

So girls, do you ever try to work in an achievement or something that makes you look good in a conversation? Or do you usually just let that sort of thing come naturally?

• Yes, I occasionally say things to look better
  • No, I don't intentionally try to look better

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, here's my example of this kind of situation. I'm really good at writing; I have been since I was little. I always made excellent grades in English, I placed in several UIL writing events in elementary/middle/high school, I placed in several journalism competitions in college...and I am currently a newspaper reporter who gets lots of compliments about her articles. Since middle school, I've had friends come to me for help with writing essays; in recent years, I've kind of made it into a little side-job type of thing.

One particular occasion I remember was several years ago when I was helping my cousin write a short story for her English class. She was shocked when after only about ten minutes, without even really putting much thought into it (and being distracted by a heated texting argument with my ex-boyfriend), I had managed to dictate an entire short story for her to write down.

When she went back through the story and read it, she was like, "This is awesome! How do you do that?" And I just laughed and said, "It's not hard."

I've actually found myself saying that a lot about my writing. And every time, I am definitely not just saying it to make myself look good. I'm saying it because...well, it's just the truth. It's just something that comes naturally to me and always has.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah I wouldn't wan't the guy I liked to think I'm stupid. Well, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm stupid, especially the guy I was interested in. I don't see the appeal in that. I don't like dumb guys, so I don't see what would be attractive about a dumb girl. So if I was talking to the guy I liked, I would definitely try to make my self look smart and accomplished. :D

• Are you sure it's not YOU who fancies her? People say many things and can be nice but doesn't mean they fancy you. Yes, it would appeal to the male 'performance' and 'ego' but wouldn't be something women would primarily seek to achieve at.

• Sometimes I do it by accident, like once I consoled a friend who got a C on a test when he was actually happy about it. Occasionally I do it on purpose, but usually it's when I want to impress someone like a potential employer or a guy.

• "which shouldn't isn't hard?" How does that make any sense? I wouldn't personally be impressed by that..

Anyway, I think most people would much rather impress someone they like, than not. Whether it be by talking, or flaunting something else.

Some people are just too obvious, and in trying to look good they just look desperate. That to me is unattractive, which defeats the whole purpose of trying to get the right kind of attention from the person they are trying to impress.

• I let it come naturally.

• Sometimes. I'll find a way to throw how much money I have in there. Or how high my grades are. Or what type of make up, clothes, purse I'm wearing. What my boyfriend did for our anniversary. Where I went to vacation.

Does that make me a sh*tty person? Absolutely.

Do I do it just when someone else is trying to brag? Absolutely. Sometimes you gotta put bishes in their place.

I wouldn't randomly say sh*tty things like this but if a girl is trying to be a snobby bitch I will one up her. Just because I can.

• all the girls who voted for option B are liars! of course you say something like that to impress or you have an ego problem!

What Guys Said 2

• It's not possible for me to look like anything else but a complete show off douche bag if I actually listed my academic achievements, so I don't usually bring it up unless under interrogation.

• Most girls I know act dumb so I don't know about this

• do you mean intelligent girls act dumb? or that the girls you know are actually dumb?

• Idk many girls are actually pretty smart but they just like to act stupid as if its attractive like my ex did this all the time and my mom hated her because she acted stupid all the time but she got like 87s in school