What do I do if my toe is infected?

For the past 3 days I have applied neosporin and bandaged it, but it still hurts and the puss is still secreting. I just soaked it in hot salt water for a little while. Is this what I should keep doing or what?

I read there is no need to go to a Doctor unless it starts to look red in other places, and it's not. This is what it looks like now, so tell me what you think?

link

Most Helpful Guy

• The picture is bad quality so I cannot tell. If there is pus, it generally means that there's a bacterial infection which often required antibiotics to remedy. There is a chance that it will heal over, if cleaned properly and not agitated too often. I would wait a few more days, if it's not healing, go to a doctor.

What Girls Said 2

• If it's been like that for the past 3 days and nothing is really helping you need to go to a doctor. They'll probably either give you a stronger cream to put on it or some medication. Also keep soaking it in water but instead of using normal salt get some epsom salt, its much better.

• Yeah, I am going to soak it and put an antiobiotic ointment on it for another two days. If it is not improved then I will go.

• Soak it in warm water and Epsom salts. It is wonderful stuff.

What Guys Said 1

• Soak it in hydrogen peroxide every hour for a few minutes. If it fizzes, up its infected. Infections are not to be messed with, so if you've had it for three days, see a doctor. From now on put put hydro peroxide on any wound from the outset.