Girls, would you wear a choker?

I'm a 90s kid, and I loved chokers. But as a child, I never could wear one for long because my neck would itch like hell. I've found a choker in my old stuff, a nice one that I've never worn. I want to wear it, but don't know whether it's stylish or not these days. I don't think so. And I also don't know which putfits would go with it.

It's a simple-looking one like this link only the colors look exactly like this link

My pendant is not a bell, but some kind of symbol, I have no idea what.

To everyone who says they love or would wear a choker, what kind of outfit would you pair it with? I'm not emo or goth, but have a lot of black/dark clothing. Also to which occasion?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that they are not in mainstream fashion at the moment, but can still look good with the right outfit. Very simple ones can be good but I don't really think that the brightly colored ones work these days. but a simple black ribbon or similar can look good if the rest of your out fit is the right style.

Personally I still like chokers - usually I wear them with my hair down because then it is a little more subtle.

• Something similar to this link is about the most fancy I would go for - and not in colored versions.

• Just make sure that if you neck isn't really long don't wear really thick chokers because they only make the neck look shorter.

• Yeah I don't like thick chokers anyway. I think this ones look more feminine. Thanks! I appreciate it =)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 18

• they look great with a gothic style but I don't think they go with regular styles anymore, I think youd look instantly dated and 90sish

• I would not. I think it looks awkward and not really stylish. Of course, that's just my opinion. If you like it then wear it.

• Judging by the link to the color, the choker might be a bit goth? If that is the case, don't wear it unless you are one, and only with an outfit to match. The link to the style unfortunately does not lead anywhere. If not goth, it would be perfectly OK to wear it with a (Christmas) dress or even to the office, as long as it matches the rest of your outfit in style and color. So never on a simple t shirt for exemple.

• oops.. sorry, didn't know that the first link is a 404. My choker looks exactly like the second one. It's made of velvet ribbon. Is it goth? Because I think purple is less goth than black

• Whether it's goth or not, if you like it wear it! Irrelevant to if you are or not. Who cares about stereotypes? It's retarded. Really.

• I used to wear them allll the time! Omg I had forgot about them! :P

I would say, wear it if you like it! Unless you care so much about what others think, that it affects you?

I never go with trends, I make my own! and then people start copying me. If someone thinks it's cool or not, outdated and unstylish to their taste, I don't really care as long as "I" like it!

• I don't give a damn either about what others think. But I also don't want to look like I had just walked right out of Vanilla Ice's music video :p

What kind of outfit would you wear with the purple and gold one like in the link?

• Haha you're funny!

i'm not a big fan of that particular choker :P

I would either wear it with a cute dress that looks rather casual but at the same time eye catching! or with jeans & a nice top..

a cute jacket would make a choker more stylish.. but that's just my opinion. I love jackets and think that if you have the right one, it can make the choker & your entire appearance 100x better.

If the gold on that choker were silver or black it would look cute with link

• They are not in style. They scream 90's in a very bad way.

• F*** if it's in style or not anymore chokers were great have you seen what's in now it's disturbing

• I only really wear them occasionally if I'm dancing at the gogo bar. Kinda gives off this submissive trait. Otherwise, no. I'm more into long necklaces.

• Yeah I really like wearing them

• I asked my boyfriend and he said it would look sexy in bed.

• I saw my bio professor wearing one today and I thought it was kinda strange..

• I LOVE chokers, literally buy every one that I can find.

• No. I hate anything around my neck even a turtle neck. I feel like I am being choked.

• Oh god they look kinda cool but really uncomfortable well it depends on the outfit maybe

• i love wearing chokers they make me feel pretty for some reason

• im a 90s kid and I absolutely don't remember chokers, they weren't even worn at the time where I'm from, now I see it often in cosplay conventions and festivals, but very rarely otherwise, a friend wears one in school with a loligoth style outfit, it looked cute on her but theirs all different styles of chokers and it doesn't fit everyone

I don't care much for trend, maybe a bit on fashion because I like dressing well and I'm a recent cosplayer myself with my artclub group, I think being an artist also contributes, I wouldn't wear it just because I don't like it, it makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't like the idea of a guy having something to choke me with (maybe this is what made it fall out of trend so fast)

ill be anon because I have the longest answer, its kinda embarassing when I talk too much, sry

• aw hey, don't be embarrassed for giving a long explanation.

• No I hate chokers

• They are ugly and out of style

• I would, I love chokers! They are not in style or anything, but if you have a gothic/punk/alternative style then you could totally pull it off. The simple one you linked could work with the right outfit.