What makes a guy stare at the floor when he sees a girl?

I was at the library and I got up to go do something. I noticed my crush out of the corner of my eye and I know he saw me. He kind of quickly looked at the ground with his mouth kinda open.

When I came back in he was walking in the opposite direction (so towards me) and he seemed to be walking pretty slowly and just staring at the floor.

I said hi and he looked me me for a split second but quickly looked at the floor again. And the whole time we were talking he wouldn't look at me and if he did he broke eye contact extremely quickly. His body was mostly facing me but not completely so I got an idea he didn't feel comfortable or soemthing.. He was doing most of the talking though because I was a little nervous.

What's going on here? Have I done something bad to make him feel weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he is very shy. Often shyness is mistaken as not liking someone. I doubt you did anything to cause him to feel weird.

What Guys Said 4

• Kind of sounds like he's just intimidated by you. He might have a crush on you and is too shy or nervous to approach you confidently.

• Just sounds like he's super shy. You're going to have to put yourself out there more if you want him to open up.

• I've been there myself. He's very shy.

I always look down at the floor when I see pretty girls when I'm out and about.

• He is shy... that's all I can think of.

What Girls Said 0