When a guy looks into a woman's eyes, can she really read what he is thinking about and....

can she tell if he is into her or not?

When I look into a girls eyes, I think wow she's really pretty and I would be so honored to date a girl like her. And I can't really read what she is thinking.

While on the other hand, I hear that women can read what's going on and/or evaluate what is on a guys mind when he is looking in her eyes.

Is this true?

Can she also pick up on the guys signals and tell if he is attracted to her?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the girl and the guy.

Some guys are easy to read, some are kinda mysterious.

If she's the quiet type, she's most likely to be a good observant.

But again, some girls are good observers,

but they're clumsy when it comes to little details about guys.

I guess it depends on her age as well. For example, I don't think

teenage girls are as good in that.

But in general, girls are good in reading people's feelings,

they use their intuition a lot as well.

But I can't blame you if you can't read what she is thinking.

Girls are way more complex than you guys.

Although there are certain general rules, there are a lot of odds.

What Girls Said 19

• if I have a good relationship with him I can definitely tell…

not if he is into me tho, but what he is feeling. I like to hear if he's into me:P

the eyes tell a lot. I mean I personally am not looking to see if guys are attracted because I'm already blessed with a boyfriend but I can definitely read all his facial expressions, especially when he's feeling a little down but still has a smile on his face, the sadness in his eyes will give way and I can instantly tell something is up. stuff like that

• I've seen eyes that have seemed to say "I'm undressing you in my mind, I wanna f*ck you bad," and I've seen eyes that say "you're beautiful, " and eyes that say "I love you." But those times are rare and few and far between. Overall, I'd say we can't really tell, unless you make it painful obvious using additional body language.

• yes I definitely can read what a guy is thinking of , I don't know exactly how ,but I think I've always had this talent , I can easily get if he is on love with me , nervous , shy , embarrassed , feeling guilty or whatever he is thinking , it is so easy for me , so I think it depend on the girl

• No, we can't read minds. Women are often raised to have a better understanding of emotions (including how to pick up on others' emotional signals), but we don't have any magic powers. And we can be just as clueless as any man.

• It depends if they have that connection and how well they know one another. Just looking into each others' eyes alone won't do that

• I personally can't read minds. But I can tell if a guy is attracted to me or not. It's in his eyes, his body language, and sometimes the way he speaks. It's hard to explain, but I can tell if a guy finds me attractive without him telling me. I can't tell if he likes me as a person or not though unless I get to know him. So I think the first thing might be a primal energy or something. I don't know about other girls. I can only speak for myself

• I'm not sure about other guys...but I know what my Boyfriend is thinking just by looking into his eyes...I'm usually correct...but he also knows what's going on in my mind as well...maybe it has something to do with empathy...

• I think you can but it depends how open they are with each other, whether they have a connection, it is supposed to be romantic and they say eyes are a window to the soul

• No matter how real it feels, it's just an illusion in your brain. there is no way that somebody can psychically know what another person is thinking but it seems real. .

• Unless she has experience with men then no.

its easier to tell if a guy is interested by his body language than to look in his eyes and know what he's thinking.

• Sometimes... If he looks into my eyes and this mouth drops open, I assume he's attracted. If he holds my gaze, it could be attraction or he's just looking because our eyes met and nothing else.

• This is a very relative question. It depends on so many things, whether the girl is observant, whether the guy is easily read... It does seem that girls do tend to be better at reading people in general. I don't have any science to back that up, however. :)

• Reading it over, it does appear my question was relative, but I was to lazy to create 2 separate questions. But anyways, thanks for your input.

• I can't tell what they think at all. unless they are staring. that means they are interested. but I can never tell if that is for good intentions.

• Yes, most of the time it is extremely obvious!

• i do lol, I think when a woman look a guy in the eyes she's just evaluating and consulting you lol. your eyes and faces already trying to express the feelings, and woman has a + the motherhood instinct it helps.

• Either I think he is interested provided if he smile or

if he doesn't smile but keep looking into my eyes, I think he has issues with me

• Yes to a certain degree.

• Definitely not. Otherwise I wouldn't have been friend zoned, haha- I wish I could though.

• Yes

What Guys Said 2

• Nobody can read other people's mind, NOBODY. All they can do is make a more or less informed guess, and most times those guesses are extremely biased towards what that person feels, wants or needs.

If she likes the guy but "just as a friend", even if he looks at her supplicant she'll think she's just friendly, she won't believe the guy is in love because that's awkward and inconvenient. If she is deeply in love with the guy, even if he just happens to be looking her way, she'll think he's into her at least a little bit. The same happens with guys, of course. To sum up: we see what we want to see.

Almost every single misunderstanding in relationships come from deluding ourselves into thinking that we can know how other people feel or what other people want just by looking at their eyes (or reading their signals or whatever). Truth is, even if we ask directly there's a chance that we won't know what they really want or how they really feel. But asking is the only way to know, really. Forget about signals, looks and all that shit. If you like a girl, let her know (EXPLICITLY). If you want to know if a girl likes you, ask her. That's your better chance (and, as I said, it's not always a good chance).

• I think there are times when a certain look can be seen by a certain female and she will know because she is keen on those things and he makes it obvious. Reading people's mind however does not seem feasible.