Ladies, how did you learn to put on makeup?

Yes, I'm this old and never learned how to put on makeup properly. I'm a redhead and most articles in womens' magazines are all about what colors to use if you're either a blond or a brunette.

What's the best way to learn?

Most Helpful Girl

• Youtube tutorials. I learned so much from them. Most of the girls who make them are make up artists who have been doing it for years.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 10

• I'm not great at it or anything, but my best friend is, so she helped me out and taught me a few things. Figuring out skin tone and colors is not my forte. I experimented a bit. There are YouTube videos for many different looks, though. They'll tell you which products to use, brushes, techniques, etc. and walk you through it. You can also go to a make up counter and ask them for tips/recommendations.

• I never learned. My cousin tried to teach me once but it all seemed so ridiculous - why on earth would you want to cover up what you actually looked like? Least that was my mentality at the time.

I don't wear makeup 99% of the time and when I do, it's just mascara because I learned how to do that lol

• I used to be like you but when you start to age it's helpful to know how to accentuate your natural beauty. I think so anyway. Enjoy your makeup-free 20s, though! :P

• Yeah, my family ages very slowly so I'm hoping I'll tag after them lol...I can learn to put make up on one of these days...maybe haha

• Learned on my own and later on YouTube lol :D

Well the first time I put any make up on was sophomore year so I was 15. It was just eyeliner, then junior year I put just mascara and then senior year I added eyeshadow but that's about as crazy as I got in high school. Learned by myself then after high school mostly tips from YouTube channels but I don't really put on foundation or any of that its mainly mascara, blush, and sometimes eyeshadow and eyeliner. I'm light on the make up. No lipstick for me, I just don't like it on me.

• I'm still learning.

I try to not be dependent on foundation so people won't cringe like a repulsed nun every time I run into class without it

• Ha ha! I like your profile pic, by the way. Tales from the Crypt, right?

• Yeah :)

• imitation. Also, watching makeup artists put it on me. Some instructional papers that came with my eye shadow

• Watching my mum and aunties then imitating the gestures

• Tutorials on YouTube are super handy!

• I try to imitate what I see on TV and magazines, I also like watching Make-up tutorials online

• Good ol YouTube.

• Redheads' look best in peachy or soft pink blushes, berry/peachy/soft pink lips, brown eyeliner and mascara, and dark green, silver, creme, brown, burnt plum and rose gold eye shadows depending on your eye color.