Does eye contact make you uncomfortable?

i tend to stare into peoples eyes when I talk to them. a lot of the time they get twitchy. or is it just me...

Most Helpful Guy

• Prolonged eye contact can be a measured sign of confidence, and most people will not hold that with another person for more than a few seconds at times unless they really know them well. In other circumstances (not yours), prolonged eye contact can be considered awkward and off-putting - I really believe it depends on how well the two people in question know one another, as to whether they're comfortable with the prolonged, direct eye contact.

What Guys Said 4

• It makes me extremely uncomfortable. I don't make eye contact when talking to someone.

• I tend to be shy about eye contact most of the time. I also feel creepy when I do finally do it with a stranger.

• Eye contact almost makes me so uncomfortable I get dizzy, and I often lose concentration on the subject at hand.

Why? Good question. Maybe I never got taught about eye contact, and never developed a comfort level for it. Who knows...

• i don't get twitchy when you look into my eyes because ur my girl friend alyssa lol

What Girls Said 3

• It's intimidating, because it shows courage. Most people, I'm generalizing in American society, tend to be kind of shifty when eye contact is underway. I also noticed greeting each other affectionately here as opposed to an Eastern country also causes some discomfort, like a kiss on the cheek. not all the time, but certainly under some circumstances.

You aren't weird, if that's what you're wondering. I think it shows you are confident and honest, because sometimes it is hard to have direct eye contact.

• I don't like I contact when I'm talking to someone. It tends to make me more nervous. When I talk to people I tend to look down.

• Sometimes it bothers me, it depends on what were talking about.