Why do you wear makeup?

Girls who wear makeup, why do you wear makeup? And how much do you put on everyday?

Guys, how does your getting ready routine look like?

I wear makeup to look more "awake", to give a little bit of color to my cheeks, basically to not look like I'd just rolled right out of bed. I wear natural makeup with natural colors. People don't even know I'm wearing them. But if I don't, they know.

Most Helpful Girl

• I probably wear too much make up on a daily basis for most people's taste. But although I wear a lot I keep I pretty natural looking. I'm really self conscious of my skin, I'm really pale and blotchy so I wear fake tan, not orangey, most people don't believe I'm wearing it because I'm still so pale with it on, but just to take out the redness. But I don't like to tan my face because the skin is so much more sensitive. So yah...

I have to wear make up to match me up. Then like mascara, blush ect. I like to look well put together. I guess it's just a confidence thing. Not that I can't go out without a bit of tan or make up, I do, I just feel more comfortable, and like I look better, when I have it on.

And yeah, for nights out I like to go a bit more dramatic. I just like the way it looks.

What Guys Said 1

• I wore make-up because my little sister thought it would be fun to experiment on my face. For some reason I was a mannequin for my girlfriend too. I must look good dolled up.

• What did she use on u

• Generally skin tone stuff. Girlfriend at least. Blending this, finding that, etc. I was a pallete. and eyeliner for some reason.

• some guys look good with black eyeliners on. Regardless, I find it completely OK for guys to use concealer or colorless lipbalm, or some kind of mattifying creams if his face is very oily.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't wear much makeup. Just some foundation to tone down redness in my face, and eyeliner to make my eyes look bigger. Sometimes I'll wear clear mascara and some light pink lip gloss when I'm going out.

Makeup's purpose is to enhance natural beauty. My grandma always told me that if people can tell I'm wearing it, then I'm wearing too much.

• I wear make up pretty much every day. I don't know how to measure "too much" but I do put more than just some lip gloss and mascara on. I wear make up cause I love doing make up for starters, it's fun for me and I love trying new things. It also makes me feel confident and feminine to a certain extent. Not saying that you need make up to be or look feminine but it just makes me feel that way on the inside.

• It makes my eyes look bigger/more intense. It's also a habit. I only wear mascara and eyeliner.

I don't feel like I need the rest. At least, not yet...

• I've been wearing makeup since I was 13. I feel hideous without it. I think I have really bad skin...not with spots but just very dull looking compared to the skin on my body and too oily.

I do the whole lot everyday I'm leaving the house. Foundation, bronzer, blusher, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick.

I go for natural looking colors/shades so I don't look overdone. Sometimes I'll go without the eye makeup if I'm just going to the supermarket.

• I wear makeup to even out my skin tone and accentuate my features.

Daily I don't wear a lot (seemingly less each day lol). A bit of mineral powder, eyeliner on my top lash line, mascara (sometimes, I hate taking it off so I don't always put it on) and brow powder.

If I'm going to an event/party etc then I wear a lot more.

• I just like how it looks I usually just wear eyeliner and mascara sometimes eyeshadow but I get pretty creative with my liner I do double wings with different colors on the bottom lid it's just really fun for me I've also wanted to try concealer but with my really dry skin it's hard to find one that sits well on my skin I'm also scared to look like a clown if it doesn't match my skin so for now I'm just going to stick with eyeliner

• I don't wear makeup, I look fine without it. I don't understand the appeal it is to woman, that has always been a mystery to me.

• i rarely wear makeup. only for pics. I plan to start wearing it more often ...

• I don't like to wear make up , the most I wear is mascara but my preference is to go without it.

• I wear it to cover my redness and some blemishes but I don't go heavy on the eye or cheeks though just a natural normal makeup.

• I wear it because I just like too feel girly.

• I wear makeup because it covers up my Rosacea, acne and evens my skin tone. I usually only wear power foundation and Chapstick. Sometimes I'll put on mascara. However, if my skin was more "perfect" looking than I wouldn't wear makeup since it costs money and I'd rather spend that elsewhere.

• Lol I wear it because I'd make the people around me blind without any on hahahaha