Hey scene(emo) girls, would you go out with a non-scene guy?

I'm crazy about scene girls! I love the way the way they look; especially when they have those wild hair colors. I'm just worried that since I'm not scene/emo they won't even want to give me a chance( I dress preppy or just in a plain t-shirt with a flannel and regular fit jeans). Becoming scene myself is not an option because I think guys who dress that way look odd (no offense), and it would be unacceptable for the career choice I hope to fulfill ( U.S.M.C officer). So do scene girls generally avoid no-scene guys?

I'm referring to girls with that style, and look about them. Just trying to figure out if they are opposed to non-scene looking guys, or they don't care what the guy's style is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure they would

• Why...on earth... would you want to date a person...who labels theirself...especially as 'scene" or "emo" of all things? They'd have to have the maturity level of a 12 year old.

I don't mean this to be mean either. Maybe you mean that you like their style. If someone won't go out with you just for the way you dress, why would you want to date them anyway?

• I do mean their style, but I don't know if I could, " get my foot in the door", if I wasn't scene. If I tried with one and they rejected me do to my style I wouldn't keep trying, but I'm just trying to get a general idea of what they think about non-scene looking guys because I honestly don't know.

• Besides people who label theirselves as such usually have some very severe attitude problems. Nothing good could come out of it. I would find someone who maybe dresses the part, because they like the style, but does not label theirself. People who label themselves usually want the same as theirself.

• Most will care most likely at your age. Some may not. I forgot to add that (I just saw your update).

What Guys Said 1

• Generally people of a certain sub-culture date others from that sub-culture.

I'm sure there are some who would date you but I would imagine most of them wouldn't.

You wouldn't have to completely change your style to appeal more though, is it not possible for you to adopt parts of the look and keeping parts of your current/preferred look?