What to do about being super short?

I hate my height, I honestly hate it so much and I had thoughts of suicide in High School because of it.

I'm 4'10 and skinny so I look like a little kid, and I have zero confidence b.c of my height so I don't talk to guys or flirt when guys talk to me etc. etc. When I look at tall women I feel so envious and it gets to a point where I could cry because of it

How do I over come this?

It's so sad b.c you can fix weight, but there is nothing you can do about height.

Damn it meant to post this in "other" sorry
And I don't envy only tall women, even women who are like 5'2 I'm so envious of, I just wish I had like 2 more inches...even thinking about it now it's so frustrating :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey that's not so bad, don't be sad.. some guys like small girls. no need to worry, it's like your small and cute, very attractive.. just as attractive as tall and cute.. don't worry about it. Wear heels if it make you feel good, I'm sure you're fine though ;)

What Guys Said 13

• There is nothing wrong with being short, in fact every girl I've dated except one have been 5'3'' or less... and many other guys are the same. I don't see why you would envy tall women, I find far fewer tall women attractive than short girls. For the most part being tall is a more masculine thing, you'll find that men are on average taller.

• There are guys who really like small girls.

• I know more men who find it hot then a bad thing.

Height is only taken as a marker of age when young. A short 17 year old may look like a little kid , a short 25 year old looks like a short adult.

• I don't know what it's like to live in your skin, but my advice would be to own it.

I find petite girls to be extremely attractive.

I have a thing for the actress who plays The character Bernadette on the TV show "Big Bang Theory".

Short women live longer, too.

• Some people find long legged tall girls hot and others find petite girls hot. My sister in-law is 4'6 and my brother has always been crazy for her.

In China they do a leg lengthening surgery that can increase ones height by about 2 to 3 inches.

If it's getting you down so much speak to a specialist about it. Some girls keep growing till the age of 25, so don't get so beaten up about it.

• yeah I'm looking into surgery but I need a time when I have a few months down time because it requires almost a year of physical therapy afterwards

• I love short women

• It's hot. My girlfriend is about the same height, you've got nothing to worry about.

• If you ve had of midgets,you won't be saying this...

At least,You re better than them

• Short is better

• you sound like a guy with a small **** I wish had 2 more inches get over it God made you that height for his purpose not your own.

• Thats really cute, sweet, feminine and sexy height. Being short is bad for a man, but is cool for a woman. Enjoy it.

• nothing to be ashamed of. you can wear heels if you want to fake it when you go out & just learn to like yourself.

for dating, find your average height thin guy. he will love having a small girl because you will make him feel big :)

• You're height is totally fine for a girl. The petite ones can be incredibly fun! How skinny are you? And when you say you look like a kid does that mean no boobs, but and hips?

• yeah I have no ass and no boobs and I'm just skinny...I could pass for 14-15 years old

• I know that's what I'm saying it sucks so bad

my life is just bullshit

• Don't sweat it! Your height is totally fine for most guys and actually attractive for a lot. Same with your thinness. If it were up to me, rather than having you two inches taller, I'd opt for 2 cup sizes bigger and keep you the same height. But there are plenty of guys who'd be totally excited about the prospect of a girl with your height and build.

What Girls Said 4

• What's up with the "petite" girls on here trying to get compliments by acting helpless?

If guys don't talk to you or flirt with you it's NOT because of your height. Few girls have guys flock to them. Few guys have girls flock to them. Real life requires EFFORT for the majority of people.

And tall women say the EXACT same thing as you. They feel envious of short girls because short is seen as feminine, where as tall is a masculine trait. And considering most tall girls don't look like models it doesn't work in their favor.

Some guys like that look while others don't. You have your own preferences as well.

But you can't please everyone in life. So focus on making yourself happy and you'll find someone who finds you attractive.

• Not everyone is the same, I'm not trying to get compliments I honestly just want to see if people have similar thoughts or if anyone has done the knee surgery to get taller

get over yourself

• stfu I don't want compliments my god

• Yeah, I think we've determined it's not your height

• Honestly think of it this way the shorter you are the wider range of guys you can get... At least in my opinion I don't really like when I am taller then a guy and you won't have that issue! There are so many more things you could be upset about why be upset with something you can't change?

• Men love women in all shapes and sizes. It is not your height but your confidence level. I am considered quite tall for a girl. I am 5'10-5'11 range and I have never had a problem getting a guy. Why? Because I am confident with who I am and I know how to flirt with them and I generally love myself most days. So I would start with learning to love yourself for who you are and your confidence level will go up and you will start to see others liking you too. If a man doesn't like me or you for our height then he's not a second look IMO. I am not shallow enough to disregard a guy because he is shorter than me

• Whaddup - I'm 5'4, petite as hell, and I've got no bum. Whatsoever. I weigh all of 98lbs. I'm 21 and I look 15. I get guys. Don't whine about your height. I agree with the cat in the hat girl, there's another reason you don't get men.

Perhaps because you act like a little kid- crying? Really? Envy? No one controls their height.

Your confidence throws guys off. Not your size. Men love petite women.