Curvy, busty, tall firefighter?

I would like to hope that most men could appreciate a woman who likes to get her hands dirty but for most men that I tell, most seem surprised that I am interested in the firefighting career or volunteering as a firefighter. 5'9, 36DD and I have a long legs with a small butt. Most of my body and strength comes from my legs but I have a toned and muscular body. I like to stay in shape and most people who know me say I have an ideal body for a woman.

I work really hard to keep my body in shape, but I need a realistic view of the women's role in the firefighting career.

Will having a chest set me back in terms of seriousness regarding my commitment to an opportunity in becoming a volunteer firefighter? I have a sexy body by men's standards, but will that come in the way when it comes to this? Also looks wise, I have a good looking face. I have been asked to model clothes before and politely declined the offer.

I would like to drive the truck or be in a rescue squad.

Let me know what Y'all think! Thank You for your time and responses.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a former police department employee, the police and fire departments end up spending quite a bit of time around each other. Women are taken seriously at the each of those departments. However whenever a new employee especially a woman enters the agency, taken or single, the guys would all give the time frame of how long it takes before she starts sleeping with someone from one of the departments. I will say 99% of the time the women ended up cheating on whoever they were dating/seeing with someone from either the police or fire department. In most of those cases the guys were in relationships as well. That is the biggest thing that caused the women to lose credibility. The very few that did not start dating within the departments were the ones that everyone had a lot of respect for and was taken a true professional. A piece of advice DO NOT DATE within any of those departments if you are going to work in that field. Even if the person works for a different district or county. You would honestly be surprised if you heard half the things I have heard and witnessed working in the environment that you are fixing to walk into. The swingers scene is very prevalent and it's nothing for a supervisor to cheat with one of their employees or their employees wife. If you can avoid the relationships there, the most the guys will say about you is that you are really good looking and nothing else. Trust me that is the way you want it to be, no one likes an internal investigation or being on the news for their antics.

• What this guy says about girls apply for women considering almost every other industry.

• @Tarvold: I have worked within the private sector and within various levels of government (county, state, federal, and as a contractor) it is hundreds of times worse at a government workforce. There is no comparison between the two.

• Thanks for the Best Answer! :)

What Guys Said 2

• I will say that I'm a little surprised myself. Not saying that this is a bad thing. After all, it's not very common that women are firefighters or volunteer FFs. But I definitely think it's very admirable to see a woman who wants to do tough work. Even for guys, it's tough work. Is it possible that they might be undermining/doubting your strength? They may not know how strong you are. If they do, then that doesn't make as much sense. If you have enough strength to do FF work, then there's no reason for guys to be surprised or anything of that sort, beside the fact that women FFs aren't very common. Your looks should not hinder nor favor your chances of getting a position as a FF or volunteer FF. After all, some male FFs are pretty faces and some aren't - a cousin of mine, to name one.

• I think that if you can pass the tests to do that stuff, you can be qualified to do the work... regardless of how you look. Sure, your colleagues will probably be appreciative of a good looking lady on the team with a great body, but I'm sure the aesthetics in that type of environment will be appealing for you as well...

What Girls Said 3

• You more than likely would not be taken seriously. In general, women are not as strong as men. The equipment itself is ridiculously heavy. One of my friends is a firefighter and he let me try on his gear one time, it was way too heavy for me but of course, I'm 5'5 and weigh 115 so maybe you could do it.

But, generally speaking, for most women, if you had to save someone you would probably have to drag them rather than a male being able to pick them up. I personally would prefer to be picked up rather than dragged out of a burning building.

That being said, if you truly think you have what it takes then go for it. Try it out and see if it's for you. Obviously it is a male dominated field so you should expect comments from the men and from other people as well. Some may be antagonizing, rude, negative, or even demeaning to you as a woman. So, in short, yes, having a "chest" will probably set you back. However, if you legitimately want to try it out then I think you should. It may work out well for you, there's really no way of knowing until you try. Of course, this is all just my honest opinion.

• Are you selling yourself or asking a question?

• would it be easier if you had a big butt?