Why do girls go for ugly/average jerk guys and don't bother with nice good enough looking guys?

QUESTION:••••••••••••••••••••••••

Women - Why do Girls go for ugly/average jerk guys and don't bother with nice,kind - good enough looking guys.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Most Helpful Girl

• Being nice or good looking won't make a girl feel chemistry which is needed for relationships. You can also be ugly/average but nice and kind. You can also be good looking but have a awful personality. Kind of naive to assume you have to be one or the other. Being nice will never be enough. How many guys will give a girl a shot just because she's "nice" and will exclude everything else... ? Judging by real life not many...There has to be other attributes too. I don't know why this appears to be rocket science to some guys.

What Girls Said 12

• Because just because a guy just happens to be nice and "good enough looking", it doesn't mean he's entitled to shit. It doesn't make him automatically attractive. It doesn't mean every single girl out there will want to have sex with him, be his girlfriend, and marry him. It doesn't mean anything.

She has the right to be attracted to whoever she wants, and if that happens to be an "ugly jerk" in your eyes, then boo-f*cking-hoo. It's her life, not yours. Stop whining.

• maybe because the good looking guys don't even make a move on us, while the avg. jerks make us feel wanted and desired

• make a move on them then

• I don't know if this sounds old fashioned, but guys should always make the move, unless the feelings are mutual.

• Oh, stop it. You know that this isn't true. Women like cute, good-looking, happy, confident, fun to be around boys.

• Yes, they "like" them, but what it comes down to is will they date them.

• um yes

why would a girl want to date someone who's ugly or a jerk?

maybe if it's a "friends with benefits" or a "fuck buddy" we don't care if he's a jerk... but like why would we want to spend a large portion of our time dealing with an annoying jerk? that would grow old quickly...

• Nice guys are very slow in approaching and often have less confidence than the jerks.Also the jerk might be the nice guy in the beginning of the relationship so who knows.

• It's simply astounding that instead of working with the nice guy and getting to know him/dealing with his shyness, you'd go for the jerk just because he is straight forward. That does not make a lick of sense to me. "Yeah, the sweet, kind guy is a little shy. Should I go up and talk to him to break the ice, or go for the loud mouth a**hole because he is more upfront and noticeable? "

• Thats where your wrong. I LOVE nerdy, and nice guys. I'm crushing on one too and I made an effort with him. The problem? He seemed to be interested in me, but now he's not showing interest at all.

I'm a shy person too so this was hard to take.. I don't try with shy, nerdy, nice guys, because I'm shy myself.

I'd more likely end up with the jerk/average guy because they have more balls and somebody needs to be the confident inhiator to get a relationship started lol.

• If he is average or possibly as you say "ugly", she may have a different opinion of him. But clearly he isn't hot or extremely handsome, so it could be a couple of things. 1) could be jealousy, as in she doesn't want the other girls looking at him or trying to coax him away. 2) could be insecurity, if she doesn't think she is pretty or beautiful, she may think the handsome guys are out of her league. Or 3) maybe she's a nerd, and is banking on the stereotype that the less attractive guys will be just as nerdy as she is.

I don't know about lesser attractive guys being jerks and attractive ones being sweet. Usually it's the good-looking ones who are full of themselves and the others who are more humble. Just a stereotype of course, without getting to know someone. If this is a problem for you, just show her who you are and that your are just as sweet. If she doesn't like you for who you are, she doesn't deserve you.

• beauty is subjective, he might be not so attractive to you but to her , he might be different.

I definitely like nice guy, (but not boring one)

• The world doesn't owe you a female. Be interesting and have confidence and the right girl will come along in time.

• its like telling a guy who can find a job `just go get a job `

• Pretty much. You won't get anything in life if you don't work for it.

• Lol, are you being serious?

• because good enough looking guys intimidate us, as for why we pick the ugly/average 1.They are rich (bitches do that) 2.They have the greatest personality and with their effort they win our hearts (girls like me ).

• Which is a bit of an asinine comment. If you never get a chance to talk to the good looking guys, you'd never really know their financial situation, or personality. And girls call guys shallow?

• the good looking guys are usually full of themselves, and If they'd approach me and would make the same effort as the average guys they would have a chance.As for the financial situation I (personally) don't care that much if he's rich, for me it's more important his personality and his heart.

• That is wrong by all means. It's usually hot jerks that girls want.

• I've done this before because 1) I was young and thought hot guys were gonna dump me faster or are gonna cheat eventually and 2) average guys will appreciate me more. Obviously later on I realized those were mostly untrue. So sometimes it's prejudice, sometimes it's just plain luck, and sometimes because they're insecure!

What Guys Said 8

• we get it, girls like jerks, hate nice guys, yaddayadda...

That's why you got for WOMEN, not GIRLS, btw.

• I think you mean the other way around.

• Most females are born with a gene that mentally forces them to be attracted to ugly mean people.

• Not all girls do. Some do, but being a nice guy I know for a fact some women prefer nice guys =)

• LOL. What part of the US do you live in? To me I believe all women want jerks. I'm nice all the time and get ignored why because I don't look like Channing Tatum.

• I'd consider myself handsome, and I've been told that. However, despite my numerous interests, charming personality, and humor... girls really don't talk to me.

I don't believe looks are really that important in the long run. If anything, I think it's awesome that girls go for guys like that... I see these guys who are the cliche "nerd" (Which really should be something most people envy, because I'm a nerd myself and people in that category are usually EXTREMELY productive and intellectual) and they have a girl that is just drop dead gorgeous>

The point still stands, girls do stay away from more attractive guys. That's not from my experience, but believe it or not... this question is FAR more common than "Why don't girls go for ugly guys".

Lastly, that word "Ugly" is repulsive. If you really judge someone on looks you should be beaten out back with a large branch. I always see guys/girls picking on someone for their physical attributes... those are the exact same people who may end up with an enormous scar on their face, or have something to the effect of ruining their shallow beauty.

• They be actin crazy in da head

• I think you have this all backwards. A girl will not go for an average or below guy that's a jerk as well.

Think of it the same way as the "choosing a girl" triangle: smart, nice, and hot...pick 2

Same concept here.

• Forget the other answer I thought was good this is the best answer. I agree 110% you never see average, below average or ugly guys with dates unless their rich.

• Because in some cases the ugly/average guys they go for may have more confidence, and be more daring, bold and have more of an attitude, know what they want, when they want and aren't afraid to go after it. At least that's what I've read into these past few years.