Favorite shoes to workout in?

I had a New Years resolution to be healthy and workout and I'm finally going to start it... Better late then never lol. I plan on going to the gym and doing cardio (treadmill, elliptical, running) and some lower body weightlifting (squats, lunges, dead lifts, barbell thrusts). I have Nike running shoes but they're not that cute and I heard it's better to weightlift in flat hard shoes like chuck Taylor's or skate shoes (have a pair of DCs). What's better? I'd rather not have to change shoes during my workout. Or should I do a cardio day then a weight lifting day? Should I buy new shoes altogether? What's your favorite brand and style?

The dc shoes are the rebound hi I just did a few squats in them they seem supportive and non restrictive I just don't want to look like an idiot. I have a pair of low cut Skate like shoes also...

Most Helpful Guy

• The best shoes for weightlifting are flat ones that don't lift the heel. You want to train barefoot or in shoes like skate shoes. When the heel is lifted higher than the toe you are changing your stance in a way that shifts your weight forward. This makes the exercise feel easier because you can lift more weight with this weight shift. However it places more stress on the knees, as well as partially removes your glutes and hamstrings from the exercise. Basically you're working the quadriceps primarily when the exercises should be hitting the quads, glutes, and hams as a whole.

What Guys Said 5

• For weight lifting you want a very flat neutral shoe. When squatting, lunging, deadlifting it is important to keep your feet in a natural aliment. This is why flat and neutral are best. My sister wears converse sneakers when she deadlifts. I wear link < these. There my signature shoe. I'm on my 8th pair. I also run in them. Any flat shoe will do.

• I have these link definitely wouldn't want to run in them but could I weightlift in them? I'm not sure if there's enough support.

• Yeah I know... She said they were equal but my hips are off so I really don't know. This is such a pain D;

• It really sounds like lateral pelvic tilt link

• Personally, I adore Reebok Freestyle Hi, especially in clean white... they are the best looking workout shoes a girl can wear... not sure they would be suitable for weightlifting though.

• I workout in flip flops or barefoot

• nike,i used to cum on them

• Barefoot or that's atlest how I like it

What Girls Said 3

• First off-- You go, girl! This is AWESOME!

I sometimes run in Nike reax but now I mainly do weights in a flatter pair of Nike total core (I think that's what they're called). I got sick of switching.

Flatter shoes are better for weights, but I've personally never done it in chuck taylors or anything like that. And I've NEVER had any issues.

For me, I work out 3 times a week and I just wear the total core shoes. I warm up on the treadmill for like 10 minutes, do compound lifts and a couple of isolation exercises, and then I do HIIT on the treadmill for 20 minutes. People will tell you otherwise, but I don't see a point in switching shoes. Whatever you're comfortable with. Just try not to over think it.

• Thank you :) the thing with the skate shoes is I guess the lack of padding improves your balance and the "shock" doesn't get absorbed by the shoes. If I have to switch shoes I don't mind toooo much lol. Would it be acceptable to weight lift in high top DC shoes though? They're a little bulky... These are them link

• I've never seen anyone lifting in those.. If you wanna go the flat route, I'd probably just say chuck taylors :)

• Lol okay thanks :)

• I love my nike trainers. They're really good for cross training ( so like lifting and cardio workouts)

• I don't suggest going barefoot, because your surrounded by weights that can get dropped in your foot and cause you to lose you toe

• I really like my Nike shox