Do you look at your keyboard when you type?

... Or do you have the keys memorized my muscle memory?

• I look
  • I don't look
THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY LOVLIES :* xoxoxooxoxox
lol... I look * blushes* You all suck! ahahha

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 29

• Nope. But I've been on computers since I was 6 so it's very natural. I can usually read other stuff, type, feel mistakes as they happen and correct them without looking. It's pretty handy.

In other news, my handwriting is terrible, and I have to think a lot about spelling while handwriting stuff hahaha

• I don't have to look, I find myself typing in the dark or whilst talking to people... it's difficult though when I change keyboard, for a day or so since the spacing is different.

• They taught us not to look back in typing class in junior high. I learned to type on these things called "typewriters", haha. That makes me feel old as f*ck.

• I type about 90 words a minute... what do you think? LOL.

• I don't look unless I'm using the symbols (shift + numbers).

• I don't have to, most of the time. I actually don't even type in the proper way ( link ) but I can usually type quite fast and with decent enough accuracy. I only look right before I start typing and then I go.

• Not really.

Once I get my fingers at the "a-s-d-f, j-k-l-; " position I don't need to look down anymore. :)

• I'm pretty good but still look at the keyboard once in a while. It think that its because I take NY hands away from the keyboard a lot because I am not writing essays or anything anymore

• Occasionally, but for the most part, no.

• @update: Clearly I don't if I don't need to look at the keyboard all the time :-P

• I wish I hadn't to look at my keyboard.

• I used to the first year I started typing (wow, has it really been around 8 years?).

Not now though, no. Except for the occasional time I'm just having a really off typing/spelling day. The main time I really look is when typing numbers.

• No way... I'm a professional.

• i played world of warcraft with 30+ keybinds for years, I can type while peeing in a bottle and yelling on Skype.

• Hardly ever look when I type

• No. It took me a long time to get there, but I can type without looking. I actually taught myself with a cheap learning tool that was designed for children on the web. lol

• I don't really need to look at the keyboard, I didn't look at the keyboard writing this ;) ...

But every once in a while I'll look down.

• We were actually taught how to type in school and to not look.

• I don't even have to look at the screen.

• I look at first to see if I have my fingers aligned. But I don't need to look as I type.

• been typing a long time.. looking is not required anymore

• nah I don't need to look.

• No

• I don't look. Got it memorized.

• I don't look. I can't afford to in my line of work.

• I look mostly, but still looking up at the screen without stopping

• No I do not have to look at the keyboard when I type. Most of the time when I typing I am not even looking at the screen, it's just from having to do a lot of typing.

• I would type too slow if I looked at the keyboard all the time. I'm a web designer/software engineer for a living. So not only have I had plenty of practice but if I stared at the keyboard while typing, I'd never finish a project before it became irrelevant lol

• I type and watch TV at the same time.

• if you can't touch type, learn how to. looking at the keyboard is no way to go through life.

What Girls Said 32

• Nope. I can type with my eyes closed or looking away, and have my sentences be correct or very accurate.

• Nope! My parents forced me to do this dumb typing game when I was really young, but I guess I should thank them for it now cause I can type pretty quick without looking at the keyboard!

• Hah mine too! My mom used to give me typing tests. I hated them then, but it came in handy now

• I don't need to look. I've been typing my whole life practically! I learned to type on a typewriter as a kid so it forced me to learn the proper hand placement.

• No, not anymore.

• Mostly no. Unless it's the numbers on top or the keys I don't use often. So its like 90% looking at the screen and 10% looking at those annoying keys I don't use often but don't find the time to memorize since passing Keyboarding class Freshman year. lol

• I wouldn't type anything if I had to look at the keyboard...

• No I can type 84 words per min without looking no mistakes and 96 with some mistakes

Trying to teach my sister but her interest in it is as much as I have in learning to drive

• Only when I begin to start a sentence, or if I have to go back to erase something. For the most part, though, nope.

• Sometimes. Usually not. I took keyboarding class throughout middle and high school so I can type pretty acurately at a quick speed.

• Yep I look :) Not as versed in it as some of these other guys but soon I will be :)

• Nah, I've got the whole thing memorised... Don't know if that's a good or bad thing but its certainly handy when your taking notes in lectures and watching TV :D

• Only when I'm pressing shift to use a special key. Other than that I dont, thank you required high school keyboard class,haha.

• Yes I look I'm not very good.

• Yea, all the time I like to hunt and peak :)

• Every so often for a split second I'll glance down but I don't look at it generally. Like, never

• I don't look at my keyboard because when I was in 5th-8th grade we had keyboarding lessons in computer class and were forced to learn it. I'm not sure if they still do this today or not though.

• Generally no.

• I look most of the time.

• No. Learnimg to type without looking is one of the easiest things to learn.

• I don't look, but I don't touch type (us the right fingers for the right keys), I made my own system

• Sometimes. I type a lot, but I still have those days when you just can't do anything right.

• haha yes :)

• I take like quick glances, but other than that I don't stare at the keyboard.

• occasionally,but usually not

• sometimes I look but most of the time I don't

• No I don't. I don't even look when I'm on my phone.

• i normally always look. but if I try hard enough I can just type and not look. I have it mostly memorized.

• hmm not really. Just when I first start typing something and occasionally glancing down while typing.

• I take a peak whenever I place my hands on it, right before I start typing. But after that, I just keep my eyes on the screen, sometimes I glance at the TV too, haha! I've been using computers A LOT for most of my life, typing has become second nature to me by now :-)

• I do not

• More from Girls
    2