How many people look for their counterparts?

For instance if I'm career minded and working, obviously I wouldn't want a party animal for a boyfriend. I also wouldn't date someone that had a history of sleeping around in the past because I'm not like that (lol at guys that do while talking bad about the women they slept with and look for us low counts and think we don't mind at all).

I'm one of those women that looks for my male counterpart and I'm a strong believer in that two liked-minded individuals last longer than total opposites.

Most Helpful Guy

• I look for someone I'm compatible with. I'm a gym junkie so I look for others who go to the gym like I do. I don't judge girls on their past though.

Many people in their early 20's can sleep around and be a totally different person when they're 25ish. So saying "Well you did something 5 years ago that has no impact on us so I don't like you anymore" is just plain stupid. I only look for things like if they have an STD or something. From my experiences I have found that girls I have met who have slept around are more mature and comfortable with themselves than the reserved girls. This makes a huge difference in relationships. There's only a select few girls that I have met who slept around and fit the "gross" stereotype of a slut that's negative. Plus that specific person is notorious for it.

The girls who I have met who have had a limited number of partners would be very judgmental of other girls who have slept around. They'd also judge any guy that advanced on them in any way. The main question in my mind would be "Why would they only approach her for sex? Does she not have any other qualities?" But then if you talk to them further you can notice that the guys are just trying to get closer in a typical dating fashion and she's enjoying the attention, but "complaining about it."

The only stuff to be concerned about with a person's past is things like a drug history, and maybe cheating since cheaters have a tendency to repeat their habits.

What Guys Said 2

• duh. but attraction is more about tingles than lists.

• Many women lie to men about the number of men they've slept with by decreasing their number, by half in many instances, to conform to society's standards of a "good girl". Men, on the other hand, have historically lied to women, and other men, about the number of partners they've experienced by significantly embellishing their number under the pretense that they are wanted and successful with women. As a result, I always take a person's number with a grain of salt.

I, for one, was in the process of changing for the better when I met my better half. I wanted someone different than myself yet, somehow, I found a beautiful, like minded person. The truth is, I could have detached myself from her in the initial stages, but I realized that if I could change, then, so could she. We've changed together.

The fact is, many exercise due diligence and look for commonalities when seeking their counterparts. Too often, however, they discover that they've been misled after they've developed feelings someone, which is why many fail to end up with their ideal counterparts.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I do. I've made tough decisions and kept my life together, so my standards are higher about what I expect. & I'm with you on the sex thing. I actually refuse to date all men with the sexual double standard, whether he's a virgin or a slut.

But, particularly the sluts I have no interest in dating. A guy once asked me what my number was because he said it was "really important" in a relationship. I though this meant that he was selective like I was, and told him I'd been with one person. He seemed pleased. Then I asked him how many he had, and he said, "Idk I lost count after 50 when I started sleeping around after college." I was so disgusted I got up and left. He couldn't figure out why! & I said, you really think a girl who's slept with one guy is going to date a slut who says "numbers are important"? Meaning, numbers are important for me but not for you? Give me a break!

• Good...more than likely they probably also suck in bed. 50+ is beyond repulsive

• Not really, I have better things to worry about.