Guys... Are any of these things turn offs?

I've been extremely self-conscious lately since I got broken up with for a different , prettier girl.. But anyways , guys just don't ever flirt with me , actually guys don't really talk to me too much . I try my hardest not to come off as snobby or a bitch . So I don't know what I'm doing wrong . I weigh 114 , I'm 5.6, and have an overall average teenage girl body (other than I have really long legs )nothing I can think of as gross .. I'm not overweight at all . I don't dress like a nun, but I don't dress slutty at all either , just In between . I like to wear yoga pants and big cute shirts to school , and all my outfits usually are hippie/skater styles, so think of PAC sun , that's my style. . So yeah..I wear foundation and eye makeup . My hair (dark brown)is always straightened and styled so it doesn't look sloppy .. And ... I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do in order to get guys to even look at me ..I try so hard to look pretty and awkward be nice and look outgoing ... Nothing's working . Am I doing anything wrong ?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Am I doing anything wrong?"

Yeah, you're worrying about what other people's image of you is and seeking validation in all the wrong ways. I'm not going to drop one of those "you're young and naive" lines on you, because I disliked them when I was younger, but self-assurance and self-confidence is something that comes with age.

Many, MANY people (adult or otherwise) fake it in exchange for gaining the real thing. It's to be expected when you're a teenager since with puberty, comes this sudden realization of all these aspects of your personality that you weren't even aware existed before then. So since all of this is suddenly hitting you in your teen years, it comes across to you as being the #1 goal in life.

I can assure you that life gets more complex (for better and worse) once you get situated within yourself. Just don't cheat yourself out of that struggle to gain your OWN self image...it is called a SELF image after all. Prefacing your question with your issue of being self-conscious after a breakup then asking us what we would think of you is doing exactly what I'm talking about: seeking the wrong validation from the wrong sources.

I'm not saying the other answers are the "average idiot", but I will say that it is very easy to fall into this cycle of unmeaningful advice (not saying that the answers so far have done that). But what I'm trying to say is that if I could turn the clock back to your age with what I know now, I would ignore what the "herd" is trying to pressure me into doing and would immediately start developing myself, struggling with being that outcast for the time being, then experience what I do now MUCH sooner than what I ended up doing. I can tell you that I'm super happy and self-reliant for these things, and they just feed off of each other.

So if you want my opinion of you, it's this: you have some growing and learning to do :)

What Guys Said 10

• You may just be a beautiful piece of art but whose going to appreciate you while you're locked away. Art needs to be seen and experienced to be appreciated.

People are like art.

• You're probably expecting popular guys that every girl is trying to get attention from to talk to you I suppose. I'm sure there are tons of decent looking guys but not popular ones that are into you but you don't really note them. I don't know. Looks wise you're fine.

• maybe its just the guys you want to notice you, aren't noticing you and you don't see the ones that are noticing you? plus its high school, low self esteem is rampant, guys are too shy, girls are too shy

• Sounds like a confidence issue if anything. Or that you're trying so hard. Just be yourself! You're not a bad looking chick from what I saw of your pics, so just relax.

• Nothing seems like a turn off to me. You seem really good looking in your pictures. Maybe guys don't want to approach you since they think you'll reject them since your really good looking. I guess you'd have to be the one to try to initiate conversations with guys

• Important for boys your age:

1) They're squirrels looking to bury their nuts.

2) Unless you're 'very' attractive, don't expect a faithful boyfriend. Only she can keep him from running astray.

Wait til you're legal, date older, and don't forget to wear sunscreen.

• none of your phyiscal attributes are a turn off. mainly it could be that you're tying too hard.

or because you're in high school still, which is not one bit indicative of the real world.

• No no and no

• Some people just come off as more approachable than others. I've had people talk about me behind my back saying I'm really cute and stuff but I've rarely had girls check me out. It's just how you carry yourself. If you got a bitchy look on your face people are gonna back off, if your happy and walk with enthusiasm people like that, so don't start questioning your looks and features and start feeling insecure and ugly.

• Not a turn off at all.

What Girls Said 1

• High school boys..

I have feeling...

The confident ones, think/know you won't put out.. and thus, are not interested...

The rest... are scared to talk to you.