Beautiful girl is suicidal?

Men / Women.. what do you think of a beautiful girl who is suicidal? Why are there such stigmas surrounding the fact that their physical appearance carries a "get out of jail free" card when it comes to their looks? ... Do you think there are people out there, who understand and are consciously aware the psychological repercussions for being a physical entity

Most Helpful Guy

• I wrote a reply to the question that you initially wrote, then got called away. anyway:

As always, these questions are tremendously difficult. And even if one wants to help you, it's not always possible within the context of a site like this. Obviously, you need time, sensitivity, and patience; someone just willing to listen to you. And of course, as you might be discovering, it's not possible to look to the outside for any lasting relief. People can be extremely nasty, they will be invariably so, it's not something that you can avoid. I find it is helpful to understand why they are though. If through meditation, you can see why you can be nasty to other people (and we all can be), then, one can be more forgiving when we are on the receiving end. That it is not due to some fundamental flaw within our selves that they have picked up on, but comes from the deepest insecurity, loneliness and fear. No one who is secure within themselves would say such things, for he respects others as he respects himself, understands that people simply want to be treated with dignity.

On a more practical level, it does sound like you are surrounded by vein, superficial, and narcissistic people. Although of course the wellspring of contentedness comes from within; you're only human, you need social contact, some relief, some sense that you fit in, somewhere. Can you get out of that industry, or at least take a break from it? Even the place you are living in, your social circle, may not be helpful. These people hardly seem... grounded. There's a lot to be said for living simply, without the craving for great deeds, status or attention, because by participating in it, you also enmesh yourself in the associated corruption and neuroticism. There's something infinitely more beautiful, mysterious, ineffable, in the simple things, in connecting with people, without any expectation.

Practice Tai chi?

Some books:

Krishnamurti - Freedom from the Known

Osho - Love, Freedom and Aloneness (this book was surprising to me, even the most experienced spiritual writers don't teach of self love (which is not the same of egoistic love), why do we torment ourselves so, why aren't we more forgiving of our inadequacies?)

Dao de Jing, with a good translation, although this might be a bit obscure if you don't meditate)

Siddhartha, by Hesse.

• I also would like to add this book

"The Mindful Path to Self Compassion- Freeing yourself from Destructive thoughts" by Christopher K. Germer. Its liberating and offers many useful exercises

What Guys Said 8

• Depression doesn't discriminate. Beauty receives more attention and scrutiny while leaving people vulnerable to depression through other means. It only stands to reason such a person would feel neglected as a person, being that many will never get past raw ascetics.

In any case, I understand we all experience a range of emotional states unique to the individual, but I don't presume to understand the very nature of an individuals self made state. These things are far to varying, especially when pushed to such extremes.

• I'd think somewhere along the line she looked in the mirror and didn't recognize the girl staring back. It is amazingly easy to lose your sense of self when everyone puts you on a pedestal. I know that sounds cliche and it is, but it happens. Suicide is an easy escape when you feel like you're nothing. She's probably fallen for guys that saw her as nothing more than a beautiful face and then got her true feelings rejected. I'm just going off of things that I've experienced, but I'd have to believe that's 10x worse for girls. I'd let her know that she wasn't just a pretty face to admire.

• I don't really know what you want us to answer, it's a very open question with many answers. However, there's 2 options you have, and none of them is suicide.

1. If you have a problem, you need it solved, go to a doctor, psychiliogist (dont know English word for it), call a helpline that will talk to you about things and try to guide you as best as they can (you're anonymous there) talk to friends about how you really feel, and just keep going and eventaully you will get to a point where you are happy with your life, and you are glad you didn't end it. And then there's the other option

2. Convince yourself you don't have an issue, if you don't have a problem there's nothing that needs to be solved. An example of a real problem would be if your best friend or a family member you care about were bleeding to death in front of your face. It's the way I have went over deaths of people I loved. Simply relise that it isn't an issue and there's nothing that really needs to befixed, or let's say my girlfriend left me, there would still be more important things in life then her, which leads to her leaving not being a problem.

I really wish you good luck, and I hope things will be sorted out

• There's a lot of good and enjoyment in the world although I know there is so much negativity in the world. It can be hard to focus on the positives and not let the negative get to you. I would help you if I could. I hope you don't kill yourself, and I hope you find peace. There is so much more to you than your beauty.

• Because not all people are treated equally. Beautiful people are deemed successful, wealthy, and innocent, while ugly people as poor, untrustworthy and what have you. There are exceptions to the rule, but that is how things are. You can be a complete dumb ass and be worshipped by your peers simply because you have clear skin,bright smile, and attractive physique.

• Jealousy often clouds the judgment of the clouts when staring at the Rainbow Diamond. Fortunately not all of us are bedazzled. A person in need is a person in need no matter what shell they come in.

• I have felt this way..

And I often fantasized and daydreamed about suicide more often than many people would dare to believe.

The truth is: I'm painfully alone. And the very way my skin aches and breathes sensitivity to most of the people concerning society overwhelms me with sadness..

My profession in Nyc doesn't help either. It might have made it worse..

I looked up all the symptoms of what a person "bullied" for being unattractive on a social scale and switched it with the physical impli

• I wish I could say I could relate. I do understand the concept of isolation due to an inherent and supposedly positive quality though. I am no counselor and thus would never attempt to counsel you on suicide and suicidal tendencies but I can at least affirm for you that yours is not a hopeless case nor is it an isolated one. Many people suffer at the hands of being exceptional just as much as they do from being underwhelming. Failure to be the norm is indeed ostracizing.

• Similar to what you mentioned in the body of your text, if a person is suicidal then her looks aren't the main focus at that point. And probably worse than that, if a person considers helping out a suicidal girl BECAUSE she is beautiful.

I suppose it's hard to avoid getting enamored over an attractive person, but at some point people really should start learning to have some self-control and not be so lacksy daisy with their urges.

• I know it happens and it's a real shame as it's such a waste considering how much they have going form them. I don't think anyone "stigmatizes" beautiful women, but they do have problems like the rest of us. The centerfold in the very first Playboy I ever got ended up killing herself. Always seemed like such a shame considering how many decent people would've totally been willing to share a pretty good life with her. I guess she wasn't able to sort out the wheat from the chaff and clearly must've gotten caught up in the wrong activities with the wrong people or had something seriously wrong with her. Real shame though.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't consider myself "beautiful" or "pretty"

but when I was really down.. like thinking, writing, talking about the "final solution"

People often told me I was "to pretty to be sad"

There is no such thing as "to anything" to be sad other then "to happy"

• Yep. I think some Indian model committed suicide. Angela Devi or something like that and Noemie Lenoir almost did. I'd definitely suggest talking to someone.

• Well depression does not discriminate against good looking people so it shouldn't much more of a surprise if a good looking person wants to end their life. People need to get that through their heads. In this world, only good looking people deserve life apparently.

• Yes I do think that some people understand that. Some people are just ignorant to others though.

• I have repeatedly told people on here that looks aren't everything and have no reflection of what's internal. But they vote me down for saying it. Ignorant people!