Is it really in a male's DNA?

After reading an anwser to this question, link with the following as an answer, "Of course you know that every guy looks at other girls, and pictures of other girls. It's in our DNA." I'd like to pose the above question because I keep hearing guys use this excuse for looking at other girls. I'd like to think girls aren't that gullible, but I guess I could be wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not think that even needs to be the question. DNA or not, what is a true relationship to a man? Do they really love their girl? Then why on earth would they show such utter disrespect to look at a women with any sexual innuendo. I have explained this to many many guys... There are two ways to look at a beautiful women, the first is just to look at her and think she is beautiful. THAT IS IT. The second is to look at her and sexually be attracted to her and that is a form of cheating. With the loss of manners in men now a days (especially since the rise of the p*rn industry) and the idea that they can just rely on the excuse of DNA, no wander why marriages are not lasting. There are issues on the female side too obviously but one thing you men can learn is to keep your sexual energy ONLY to your partner. If you loved your partner, why the fuck would you let your sexual energy go to some beautiful stranger passing you by? What a slap in the face to your girl! Seems like a weak man to me. Some old fashioned romance rules need to come back into our world.

• sooo you're saying all primal instincts are thrown out the window and somehow a relationship tames humans to where instinct is non existent

• To look at another woman and be sexually attracted is not a form of cheating. Not at all to me. Everyone's definition and expectation of cheating is different though

Also sex and love are two separate things to me. So I do not agree with your statement

What Girls Said 7

• Are gay men, and asexual men not "Men"?

IF it doesn't apply to all men its not a condition of all men.

Some men are A-Holes and think its their biological right to be sexist pigs. Some women think its their biological right to deal with such sexist pigs.

Everyone doesn't fit into one plain spectrum. To assume than all men and all women do xyz is sexist and unproductive to reality.

• Ok so people both mean and women look at their attractive counterparts. Science has proven how we are wired that way. Now the point is that how we manage this primal human behavior. Are we going to continue and justify it like you mentioned? Or acknowledge this natural behavior and contain it.

This becomes more critical if one is in a relationship.

• I don't think all guys look around but most do. My uncles and aunts have been extremely monogamous and have not looked at other woman or men after getting married.

• Hell no. No that's just a cop out. And that's rude how he said "of course you know" whatever. I personally think a lot of girls watch p*rn but I know not all do. People need to speak for themselves.

• Guys can and will look at other girls. Girls can and will look at other guys. Right? No harm in that

• He sounds like a lecher

• Men nature but the extent varies

What Guys Said 10

• The urge is in our DNA because males desire to have sex with as many attractive females as he possibly can. Whether or not he acts on that urge is his choice. Therefore, it's not an excuse since most, if not all, males will have the desire to look but only a fraction of them will actually look.

• It is in the DNA but we also have a superior brain to the males of other species which allows us to have conscious control and go against what we are hardwired to do.

It's reasonable for a woman to not want her man to have sex with other women, but if she wants him to not look at them at all, she will be fighting a losing battle.

Women just need to make sure to keep themselves looking nice and not get complacent. She has to make herself the best that he can get. If he can get better, that's when she has to worry.

• It is as stated in this news paper report here: link

But then I've see psychology reports that state a woman will always look to improve on her current male partner.

I personally take it all with a pinch of salt. You got to accept a few things in life one being guys will always look at an attractive woman. Cause women are emotionally driven, most can't seem to understand that just cause we look does not mean we want to sleep with them. As me and my friends have discussed. The best way I can describe it is like looking at fine art, some peaces look good and you are intrigued but you don't want it sitting in your living room.

• It is in our DNA to be a predator the way a Lion is -

Women have estrogen, which is acute and determines sensitivity, emotions, distress, and eustress

men have Testosterone, a whole different animal : aggressiveness, sexual drive, behavioral development, size gain, strength gain, mass gain, dominance, territorial.

that should answer your question based on science, not opinion.

• If you are with someone... You may look at the menu , but you better not order anything !

• um... yes?

• Our genes code for eye balls so I suppose so...

• Try coming up with a more specific question. There are a lot of factors involved in sexual selection...

• There are many factors that lead to sexual arousal, and sexual selections. Some are based on sound, some by visual stimulation, some by hormonal cycles, nutrition, etc. etc. It's more complex then just saying yep there's the cheater gene.

• I don't know who is arguing with who, but the point I am trying to make is that a male's wiring does not justify the behavior of the man in the question I linked to...Try looking at the link I posted in my question to get some context.

• Yeah and it's not just the males, haha.

...in my humble opinion!

• I don't really believe that it's in our DNA..but lets face it..men like nice a$$es, boobs, pretty faces, and nice bodies. We would all be lying to ourselves if we ignored every single attractive woman that walks by. Taking a look isn't bad, but drooling and staring while your girlfriend is around is plain rude and inappropriate. I'm sure plenty of women do it to..they are just better about not being so obvious. We are all human.

• Yes, of course it is in our DNA. Are we so stupidly PC as a society today that we cannot recognize that men and women are wired differently? I'm not making excuses for cheating or other bad behavior but for god sake isn't it time we stop denying the fact that men and women are different in some important ways?

link