Now that I have the prom dress, what about the shoes?

Can I wear flats to prom? Would it be better for me to wear heels? I just worry that my feet will hurt by the end of the night after prom pictures, dancing, and all that jazz. Should I take backup shoes to prom, just wear flats, or just wear heels and deal with the pain?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people wear heels for pictures, dinner, and the ride there. As soon as it's time to dance just take em off. A lot of people just dance bearfooted. Or you could just wear flats, but if you want the height and classy look go with heels and just take em off later.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Technically, you could wear sneakers if you wanted and it wouldn't matter--what matters most is that it's what you want to wear.

If it's a floor-length gown, no one will see your shoes anyway. If it's not that long, heels would probably look best. There are so many styles of heels that you're bound to find something that's not killing you by the end of the night. But I seriously agree with blueyedgrll--a lot of girls take their shoes off at some point anyway.

• you can wear whatever you want to prom, but most wear heel's, if your worried about the pain try a pair of kitten heels, those are the really short heels, and then bring a pair of flip-flops for the after prom stuff

• for my prom I wore heels but they weren't too high. they were comfortable to me but it didn't matter much because as soon as I got there and started dancing I just took them off and let them at the table. a lot of girls do that and just go bare foot for the entire thing. also I saw a girl wearing sneakers with her dress. it was a short dress and she actually looked very cute so its all up to you

• last year at my prom, I wore the most gorgeous betsey johnson shoes ( if that means anything to anyone), but they hurt like a mother f***er.

so what I did was I wore the shoes for all the photos, but when I got to the actual prom and started dancing, I took them off and slipped on a small pair on ankle socks. that way, my feet wouldn't get dirty. and when everyones dancing, the last thing they are going to notice are your feet.

• Heels sometimes look cute with prom dresses but I think you should wear heels-they look much hotter when wearing a dress. You could take them off for the dancing.

• In order to answer this, I need to ask YOU a question. How lengthy is the dress?