Why do almost all girls look at the ground when I walk pass them?

I'm not staring at them or anything but almost all girls look at the ground and then look up as soon as I walk pass. Is it normal girl behavior and why do they do that? I don't understand it

Most Helpful Guy

• They are nervous or feeling uncomfortable in some way. I notice this sometimes but it's not that common from my experience. Are you pretty tall? I'm kind of wondering if that's partially they look down. That's probably not the case though.

• No I'm not tall. There is nothing intimidating about me or anything

• I'll do this too sometimes and it's because I don't feel like talking or in that moment I want to be alone.

• Well yeah but it seems odd that basically every girl does it

What Girls Said 5

• I’m totally guilty of this. For me, I think it's because of my low self-esteem. When people look at me, I feel like they’re literally picking out all of my flaws, so I stare at the ground when I pass people because avoiding eye contact makes me feel more invisible. I don't want people looking at me.

• Frankly, I do it it a lot. It's either because I find the guy attractive or it's because I'm avoiding an awkward moment. I'm pretty self conscious so maybe that's a reason too.

• They like you/ think you're good looking/ are crushing on ya :) It's all good!

• i don't buy that lol. there's no way most of them find me attractive

• People do that when they're shy or to avoid awkwardness. I personally do that when the other person is staring at me or looks at my face or eyes or else cause I think they're attractive.

• Maybe that's the secret reason why girls don't look at me! No I'm kidding

• shyness, don't care.

What Guys Said 4

• Happens to me too: link

• I have never noticed it. Is this just a girl thing?

• Some guys I've noticed do it but it seems like every single girl does it

• I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

• Attraction, they don't feel like exchanging glances, they just want to get from point A to B without a conversation/flirting

• searching for a lost penny