When did you realize you were good/bad looking?

I know this is a weird question but I'm curious...

1. Do you consider yourself attractive or unattractive ? (Rate yourself if you want)

2. At what age or stage on your life did you realize you were good/bad looking?

3. How did you realize it? (You own a mirror/ other people's opinion about you/ succes or the lack of it with the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• I realized that people favored my looks when I was a preteen, as it really didn't matter to me until I became interested in dating girls at that time. I began to realize I was on to something when the hottest girls in school talked about me and wanted to date me. As an adult I still get the bad chicks that want to screw me, do me, and play with me to the point that guys want to befriend me just to hang with me when I go out without my significant other. But that's not how I roll. Either I roll with my girl or I roll olo, by myself. Just last Saturday night I was at a club, alone, and this extremely beautiful, light eyed, curly haired brunette walked passed me. Well I grabbed her hand and she looked at me, and reacted by walking up to me and hugging me tightly for few seconds while she asked me questions about myself, instead of the other way around. There were other experiences that night, but anyway...

1. Attractive, very

2. I answered it already

3. Other people's opinion and my own.

• put a pic up lol

• Do yo think she was questioning your looks? I would have interpret it as she wnting to afmire your beauty. I agree with you in the part that people tend to be that negative but I don't think this is the case, and although I would never ask someone to show me a pic of themselves to rate their atractiveness I'm curious of how you look but not question them.

• After further review I have to agree with you. She was not questioning me at all. I guess my reaction was based on the unwarranted negative criticism that I've witnessed others experience by posting similar answers/questions on this site. Anywho I have fairly good memory so I'll remember to post a link once our website is complete.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm average looking, I think.

I don't know. It took a long, long time. When I was in grade school, only a very few guys got much attention, and they were always good looking and popular and jocks. I knew I sucked at sports so it was hard to tell if I was ugly or good looking on top of that. High school I went to an all males school, tbh, most guys I knew didn't really date much, you needed to be pretty outgoing and go to the right parties or you just ... barely knew girls to ask out. I started getting somewhere near the end of hs, and got a girlfriend. Stuff with that kind of ground my confidence down even though looking back there were other girls interested in me, the way things with my girlfriend were made me feel I must be ugly.

Then met my wife, for a while before and after felt pretty good, but again, got ground down and thinking I must be ugly again. Eventually on my own got rid of that, but still ... I think I'm average, which I know means that some girls think I'm slightly cute, others not their type at all. Average plus if I'm her type means I'd have a chance.

• 1) Yes. 2) Preschool 3) The cutest girl in the preschool walked up to me on the first day, sat down next to me and said you're cute and then preseded to bribe me with candy to get in my good graces. =P This was further enforced in elementary school with girls crushing on me and getting all gushy when I passed out Valentine's day cards. And then continues on forever... I wasn't all that interested in girls until middle school though.

• I was an ugly duckling. I was really ugly when I was younger and it wasn't until after high school that I started to mature physically. Hell I didn't start growing facial hair until I was 24. I had my growth spurt early but everything else came VERY late. That's when I started to get female attention especially when I lost a lot of weight.

• 1. I consider myself "Doable". Since it's a binary system I pass.

2. I realized I was doable when I was about 17 just because my entire family is beautiful and I am the ugliest of them all. I have two cousins who are literally models. And their mothers were models or of model quality or married rich men because they were really hot. OR a combination. Yeah. Oh, and the men? Huge for no reason, muscular and delicious, really good shit.

3. I realized it when I read a book on the psychology of physical attraction and realized I have a lot of the ratios. That's about it. I have the shape even if I'm not in shape.

• 1.) I consider myself very attractive.

2.) all my life I was told I was cute handsome, going to be a heart breaker as I was growing up.

3.) ALL of it, but everyone I was with intimately say I'm sexy hot.

the strangest part of this is I am not very photogenic so I kinda do question it, lol ,although my mirror is kind to me lol

• Eh I'd say in recent years. Last 2 or so. I used to be extremely overweight, so never really figured I'd be much to look at. Said fuck it one day, got into decent shape, have a look in the mirror now and again and be like damn I'm sexy.

• I am32, I think I am blady ugly. how did I realize it, cause girls don't like me.

• bruceleejk your really not that bad, try smiling in your photos, it can create more welcoming energy.

• Maybe when you stop trying they will come lol. I think that's a natural thing that happens on it's own and is usually the people trying to force it that struggle the most in that area.

• maybe so, we will see. Even when a girl does give me attention, I just ignore her, because I think she is teasing me, because of my shyness. Girls want confident guys, not shy pussy cat, that can't even talk to them. Yeah they may like guys, but nothing more as friends. Its stated every article, and every women says so. That's why it will never happen for me. I can't get passed that shyness.

• from age one to 13, I had no conception of ugly/beautiful. everyone was considered equal.

then teenage years came, and puberty favored some people more than others. I had serious self esteem issues.

today, I'm more happy with my appearance. maybe because age has favored me or because I look better as an adult than a kid.

• 1. Average

2. 20

3. Just a realization of what the standard of beauty was

• 1.I find myself to be attractive. I'd go for an 8 if I had to rate.

2.I think when I reached 19.

3.Finally started to see that I have value & much to offer a person in a relationship.

• I was naive my entire life. I stopped lying to myself, because the way I perceived myself isn't how the world reacted to me. It was this year (27) that everything came crashing down.

• Physically unattractive.

I think by like Sophomore year of high school I knew.

Because you could be the best looking person in the world, but if you're fat, you're simply not attractive. That's really how it goes, at least in our society. At your optimal weight you could be model like in facial features and all, but once that weight comes on, that all goes out the window.

What Girls Said 13

• 1. Yes

2. when I went to college. 18+

3. A lot of it had to do with people's opinion. Some would say hot some would say ugly. Some would say I'm alright. That is when I realized, it doesn't matter then. Its in the eye of the beholder. That is when I became confident as well.

• i always thought I was beautiful , in a sort of secret non contemporary way. when I was around 15 I noticed other people started to share my view. by 19 it was generally acknowledged by people I knew, and strangers id meet, that I'm an attractive person. though by then my personality had developed into something I liked alot. I finally had a very concrete idea of who I was, what I believed and what I would not accept. I think, so I'm sure this made me appear more attractive, as being comfortable with yourself is attractive. I don't really expect to meet people who don't find me attractive on some level, though there are many who will not be attracted to me. I'm definitely not everyones 'type'.

• 1. I'm a 3/10 or 4/10. Average to slightly below average.

2. I was a gorgeous child. Awkward looking around puberty and I think around 18/19 once I finally finished maturing I realized how OK I am.

3. Looking in the mirror & old pictures of myself. My best friends and I would look at our old pictures and old school ID's and we realized how far we've come in terms of appearance. But I look in the mirror and see that I'm merely average to below average. I'm not beautiful and nothing about me stands out.

Guys tell me I'm cute, which translates into average (realistically).

• 1. Attractive

2. 20/21

3. I've been told countless times lol and I previously worked for a company who's notorious for hiring attractive people. I personally haven't fully accepted the fact until about this year and part of it has to do with me constantly looking for flaws in myself.

• Yes I'm attractive

At 18 when I moved to a new place. Growing up around the same people didn't seem like they were interested.

New place, people didn't know me and guys over here are more open to flirt. Now I'm more open to flirt too and that confidence is def a plus.

• I was a late bloomer until I was about 18 guys never paid me no attention unless it was to tease me. Then they wouldn't leave me alone. But back to the question yes as my dad used to say I'm very easy on the eyes.

• 1. I think I'm beautiful as they say. I consider myself attractive.

2. I think it was back in high school. I always voted as muse.

3. I always praised by my friends, colleague, family and from the opposite sex..

• 1. Attractive. 6-7/10.

2. About 15 or so. Puberty.

3. Attention from the opposite sex.

• 1. Yes attractive. 6

2. I think last year only

3. Because I got checked out and also people told me ..they are both genders

• I was about 16 years old. I blossomed, estrogen is a wonderful thing.

• 1- I consider myself to be below/average looking; a 4.5/10 or 5/10 but I have to admit I have days where I feel completly disgusted by my looks and feel super ugly.

2- around 12, when everyone at school or even at home would make fun of me, I'm very pale too & it really doesn't help.

3- other people's opinion, lack of success with the opposite sex & of course when comparing myself with other girls.

• 1. I don't consider myself attractive or unattractive. I'm just average and plain. Not ugly, not pretty.

2. I've just never thought I was pretty (except when I was VERY young, like 4-8). And people don't compliment my looks, never did.

3. Being told I was disgusting and awful for years from kids at school, and even family, I just never got a chance to form a positive opinion of myself.

• When all the boys started telling me in high school