How many of you would discriminate against me for my looks?

We all know how the world treats men/women with hot bodies vs men/women with larger fat bodies very differently, but have conversely read men/women saying that for them looks aren't important...which of course we know they are for both sexes!

So having said that, as a guy/woman tell me your experiences or insight on how men/women and the world in general treats attractive looking men/women vs how the world treats unattractive men/women.

For example two guys with completely different levels of looks (one a girl would consider a 9) (the other a girl would consider a 4 or 5) can talk to a girl the same way but get two completely different results from the interaction.

Discuss away I would be interested to hearing people weigh in on this.

Thanks.

• Yes, I would use looks to discriminate
  • No, I would not use looks to discriminate

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to girls, yes I would be more interested in what a hot girl had to say.(unless she was a complete idiot). When it comes to guys I don't care, I wouldn't discriminate unless they looked like a derelict(they have to be clean, and not be dressed like some punk from a street gang in order for me to associate with them)

What Girls Said 6

• Obviously looks play a factor when it comes to dating. I can't think of anyone who would want to date someone they aren't physically attracted to. That being said, personality is also important. Looks are simply what initially attracts someone to someone else. But personality and other traits are what builds lasting relationships.

So, yes, I would obviously be more attracted to the guy who is a 9 INITIALLY but that doesn't mean a long-term relationship would come out of it if he has a shitty personality and nothing else going for him other than his looks.

However, having said all of this, I would never discriminate or treat someone badly simply because I wasn't physically attracted to them. I treat everyone (good looking people and not so good looking people) exactly the same unless they give me a reason not to (like being rude to me first).

• well yeah.

you don't want a guy you're grossed out by flirting with you. that doesn't mean I'm gonna pelt him with rotten eggs when he walks down the street, I just don't want to be in a sexual capacity with a guy I don't find attractive.

i'm sure guys treat women who look like precious totally different than women who look like kenya moore.

• Depends on the purpose of the interaction. If it were for a romantic connection, then yes I would discriminate based on looks. For friendship or business? I likely would not discriminate.

• I've never firsthand (that I know of) have been treated differently because of how I look. I really don't even think about stuff like that. Me personally I don't treat people differently but I do secretly judge them if I think they could do something to look better. Only time I've seen people treated differently was in high school and the good looking guys usually had good relationships with the "cool" teachers and so did the girls with the male teachers (but that also could've been because of their outgoing personalities) I've never been discriminated against or felt uncomfortable because of how I look.

• It's not that the less attractive people are being discriminated against.

Every single person in the world would generally choose the more attractive person when all you're going off of looks if you were approached by two people at the same time and have no idea what their personality is like.

Attraction is necessary in relationships. Without it all you have is a friendship.

• ? You're not unattractive. Anyway I treat everyone equally regardless of looks.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends what you consider discrimination really. If a girl I find attractive comes and starts flirting I will react differently than if a girl I don't find attractive does the same. I don't think that's discrimination though, merely it being a mutual interest or not.

As far as dudes or non-romantic connections with girls go, I'd be wary if they look suspicious for some reason, as in "this dude's going to harm me", otherwise it makes no difference.

• I wouldn't discriminate you just because your not that good looking. Or anyone for that matter.