Guy won't interact? WTF?

We are in this volunteer group together and he will stare at me for long periods of time. I'll look over to confirm whether he's staring at me and he looks away. He makes no effort to talk to me during the group but I can feel his eyes on my ass when I walk away. He strikes me as a very confident, outgoing and successful person (graduated from an Ivy League school and works for Google).

Safe to say he's interested? Is he just admiring the view or why won't he interact with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't sound to me at all like he's very confident, outgoing ...no idea about the successful part.

Sounds to me like he's very much an introvert - and, unlike the girl that answered, sounds to me like he's very, very interested.

Us introvert guys just can't muster up the courage to go and simply talk to the girl we like - thus we desperately want the girl to take the initiative and come and talk to us first ...which, of course, sadly never happens (but we still long and yearn for it)

• I may have inadvertently sent a less-than-encouraging signal. I myself am very shy and when people stare at me for long periods of time it makes me uncomfortable. He could probably sense my discomfort. I think he's very cute actually but I just get uneasy when people stare at me like that so he may have misinterpreted it as I don't like him. Is it possible that's the case and what to do now? I'm terrible at this kind of thing.

• Well, as an introvert that learned about the signals just a few years ago - if you did hold the gaze for a number of seconds before you gazed elsewhere, then he should know that you are at least somewhat attracted.

But believe me; sadly I can't detect if a girl feels discomfort or not. But I really prefer getting constant signals; there's a girl in my college that sometimes gives me signals and sometimes not - but because of the mixed signals I'll probably never approach her

• Thanks for ba ;)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he's attracted but taken

• Find out if he's with someone - maybe subtly suss it out via one of the others in the group. If he is, he's off limits, to my way of thinking. But if he isn't then try saying something really simple like 'hey, how's things' when you see him next. This is easy to say even if you're a bit shy, and it opens up the opportunity for him to talk to you if he is keen.

• He is not interested