Opinions on black hair

Basically, I've had my hair black before, now it's a lighter brown.

Here is what I look like.

link

Excuse the maniacal looking picture.

But, would black hair wash out my color too much? I've been told I'd look "GOTHIC", and I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Thank you all for the great answers. As most of you have said - what it comes down to is

Sacrificing the color of your skin for more vibrant eyes. A trade off...hmm.

Is being pale a turn off though? I guess what I mean is - I don't want to look like a vampire.
Really not a good picture, but I went with black for a bit

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Your eyes and skin color are very fair. I wouldn't suggest black for a hair color for you because, you will appear sickly and pale. A better choice would be a cool toned dark brown or dark ash brown. It would really showcase your skin tone and make your beautiful eyes piercing. If you're not sure, try a semi-permanent hair color that washes out after 20 washes or so. You can find those at sally's beauty supply.

What Girls Said 14

• To address your update, being pale can be a turn off. Unfortunately, my mind jumped to poor vampire movies at the thought, which most people are finding less and less attractive with time. I knew girls who dyed their hair black and it did seem to wash them out quite a bit, in contrast to their natural blonde or brown hair. They looked more attractive when the dye faded than at full strength, with regards to dyed color. If it looks natural, it's fine by me. It is your hair, so whatever makes you happy will demonstrate how attractive you are to others better than the contrast between your hair, eyes, and skin.

• light brown hair is pretty.

pale is attractive. many think so but can't voice it.

• black hair is sexy - my dad has black hair - my brother inherited them and gorgeous long eyelashes - I have dark brown hair

• I think you should keep your current color.

• Keep the brown hair it really looks really good on you. I tried picturing black hair and I don't like it.

• What's your natural hair color?

I think black would make you look paler & it'd make your eyes stand out more. I'd probably find it to be a good combo & attractive. But do you mind looking paler?

• I think black hair would look good on you. Just like on anyone try to keep it natural looking.

I don't think you would look Gothic, unless you went dark with clothes, accessories and nails also.

• No pale skin is not unattractive, I actually prefer it.

I think you're really attractive, but any range of brown would probably look best on you, then black...don't do blonde :P

• It will make you look a lot more pale but will make your eyes pop, I think it would like fine. :)

• I think you look cute now just how you are

• grow it a smidge longer and get subtle blonde highlights like this instead link maybe with some dark brown lowlights.

youll rock that look so well and peoples jaws will drop

• I had it before and I was told I looked like a back street boy LOL

• Really starting to rethink this. So you think that would be a good look without being too much?

• yeah itll be great just go with very thin highlights not chunks or tips like a backstreet boy haha, also don't tan too much or you'll look like a ken doll!

• i think black hair would look great on you I love guys with black hair and blue eyes ;)

• I think it's hot on a guy

• I like black hair on a guy

• Keep the brown hair! Smile a lot and you'll be a total heartthrob ;) You have really cool eyes and all your features are proportioned well. Walk assertively, dress well, smile a lot, make good conversation, and you will have girls crawling all over you.

• Wow, this was an extremely kind compliment. Thank you! As for the girls part, the reality is... Not as many as I'd like, or any at all lol!

What Guys Said 0