Ladies, if you see a hot woman with an average looking guy, what do you assume?

Ladies, if you see a hot woman with an average looking guy, what do you assume:

• He must be rich
  • He must be good in bed
  • He must have a great personality
  • He must be really intelligent
  • None of the above/she just has different physical standards than I do
Well, I think we know how much we believe women value intelligence. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I typically assume that he's very attentive and has a great personality. Something I've noticed with good looking guys is that often times talking to them is like talking to a brick wall. They never pay attention and they barely ever pretend to. A lot of times they tend to just get by on their looks because they know that girls will be more likely to take a lot more crap from them since they look good.

This is why I almost rarely ever date an 8/10. DiCaprio is about as good looking as you can get without some fatal personality flaw in my experience (well.. with the exception of Johnny Depp of course... he's an angel). And if you can score a hot guy that used to be fat? You're a winner.

Average guys and overweight guys on the other hand can be great catches because they know what they have and they're more afraid to lose her. If you're a 6 dating a 9 you're not gonna screw it up by being a jerk to her. You're going to pay attention to her, be nice to her, and generally be the best boyfriend that you can be (assuming that she has a good personality as well).

That's how I feel about the whole situation anyway

• This is why I almost rarely ever date higher than an 8/10**

What Girls Said 28

• C and E. This just happened to me today with a girl I know from my past. I thought firstly... Wow she doesn't have very high standards... Must realize how many great good looking guys she could get... But then he brought her ovesome food and he seemed very sweet and good to her. Seemed like he had a good personality. So I reminded myself that looks aren't everything. I also noticed when two attractive people get together, it doesn't usually work out for various frustrating reasons.

• If he's average, probably nothing. It's pretty common to see pretty women with average looking guys. But if the guy is flat out ugly, I assume either she's insecure or he's rich.

• I don't think anything. He could have any manner of great qualities to make her fall for him. Whatever attracts her. Be it money, integrity, smarts, kindness, diligence, even some random skill she admires. It can be virtually anything that makes him appear powerful. Power attracts women first and foremost. So being surprised by this kind of couple is ridiculous.

I myself fell for a really ugly guy because he was insanely smart. I could do nothing but talk to him for the whole day and I'd still crave his company at the end of it. He also had this cocky and childish personality. I really liked him...

• The guy you feel for... Does he know that you find him to be "ugly"?

• Objectively by standards of average looks and beauty, he is "ugly". He was not by any means unattractive to me, nor is he now that I don't like him anymore.

• I would have to go with E, that's the first thing that would pop up into my head.

Then again it may also be All of the Above...

Some girls will only date a guy, because he is rich.

Sone only date guys for great sex.

Hopefully girls will date a guy, because of his personality.

Lastly, some girls like to date guys because of their mids.

And there's so many other reasons why we may be attracted to a guy than the ones that are listed.

• This is awkward, because I feel like I should pick E, but then that's still assuming she picked him on his looks, just that her definition of hot is different from mine. (ie, society tends to like blondes, maybe she has a thing for black hair?) I don't know. I don't know why people fall in love.

• He has money

• I voted E and glad to see a lot of other people did...besides teenagers, its nice to see much people realize looks aren't everything.

• I wouldn't assume anything, it's normal to see attractive women with average men

• I would also assume that she finds him attractive, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I have had in the past some people I can get someone better looking but to me he was really attrractive

• Good answer!

• If I see a hot woman with an average guy I assume they've know each other for a while, she like his personality or she wants something from him. Not all at once I've seen different couple who fit those assumptions. Rarely is it because they're in love but eh whatever.

• everything but A.

money ain't shit.

• I wouldn't assume anything.

• I've always wondered about that. They must find something they like about that person. I wonder why good looking men have unattractive girlfriends. What is it about these women men like.

• Love. Because love is blind.

• She's giving him a lot of sex

• That he treats her good love is blind in my opinion

• its probably a combination of those. Women don't go for a guy because of one thing

• She may have known him for a long time, and fallen for him :) love is that simple haha

• Don't really think anything. I know we have different taste in men, so...But I do notice when a really hot guy is with a not-so-good looking girl. I like to think he sees past her looks which is admirable.:)

• My instinct is to find it bizarre but preferences all vary

• Two things: The guy is very rich or he's just too good that she feels pity for him.

• Voted c. Because it happened to people around me too

• Either he is rich or she has a very low self esteem

• Combination of all choices

• automatically I think he must be rich. that might be wrong and stereotypical, but I feel like that must be the case

• He's rich

• Nothing at all. I let them BE

• It can be any of those. But I initially think its the personality.

• It. Could be any of those really

What Guys Said 10

• If it's an average looking guy, then I assume it's personality.

If it an old ass, below average looking guy, definitely money.

• He must have great game!

• The question asker didn't say the guy is ugly. He just said the guy is average.

Ohh boy. Those answers!

• hot girls almost always date ugly guys. Its natural law to make offspring even out!

• average looking guy. prob she's attracted to him.

• I guess a lot of women want stupid men? I should be with tons of women I'm dumber than a box of rocks Ops I forgot I'm also ugly fat, and broke that's why I'm single.

• Seems like he has a good girl since she doesn't care that much for looks, that's a good quality.

• C my white hairy butt.

• Love how most of the answers on here and the votes on the poll are so politically correct.

I would say if a hot woman was with a average looking dude its a

95% chance he's rich

2.5% chance has a good personality

2.5% different physical standards

All the othe poll options 0%

• How about a combination of A,B, C and D