Just show yourself already

Guys... Seriously?

Part of starting a friendship with anyone is being able to vision or see the face of the person your engaging. So you guys should have a picture of yourself. If not, than it just appears that your trolling for (?) and that you you have no confidence in yourself. Trust me when I say, its not all about looks. Unless you're as shallow as a rain puddle.

Just tired of guys friending me all the time and I don't even know what they look like. Totally not fair.

Wow... ouch. I think I should have been more specific about my point.

But now I just don't even care. But you have a beautiful day. And no I'll feelings between us. Definitely not from me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• I value my anonymity on this site far to much to compromise it with personal photos.

Perhaps this makes me look insecure, seeing as I do often think the same about other users; anonymous and non-anonymous alike; but when you leave your identity up to others to create, some discrepancies are to be expected.

In any case, your skin is just a guise. It's a distraction... ill be it a welcomed one in many cases.

• I've encountered some damn deep rain puddles...

Anywho, if you want to know what we look like, all you have to do is ask.

The only real reason I don't have pictures of myself posted on here is because of the pixel limits on uploading a picture on here.

• Alright alright, looks like the jig is up.

My profile picture isn't me, in reality I actually look EXACTLY like Ian Somerhalder.

• I've felt the same way, but people have their reasons. It is nice to know what they look like when chatting with them.

• I could but I don't really feel like showing a picture off myself to the world. So here's a verbal picture twenty years old curly brown hair hazel eyes strong jaw line let your mind wonder.

• CHEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

• You would know better how people treat you and how genuine they are if you don't post your photos here.If people like you when they don't know how you look like,then they must really like you for your personality which is more important =) This is what I really think,Miss.

• I very rarely post anonymously. I have a couple pics up. Why does it bother you so much? Are you hear to make friends? If so, why not friend them and ask for pics?

• What make you think we want to know you? Oh you're the girl we want huh? lol what a joke...

• I'm curious to know what you meant, don't just say something and then not follow up on it.

I don't think we should have to put photos on here because it's not necessary. Why should having a photo on here matter? What's the big deal about it?

• You don't have a picture.

• not really ,no girl has given me the privelage of talking to her becuase I am ugly

• Than their stupid. I would. (Talk to you)

• you and many others who don't know what I look like :p

• There's some truth in what you're saying, but you're not completely right either. I don't like posting my pictures on the internet. I only have one profile picture on Facebook. I just don't care much. Yes, I'll admit I don't have perfect confidence in myself, but I don't want my pics out there for everyone to see either.

I also don't want some of my questions/answers/comments to be traced back to me and that it's me that's posting on GAG, so that's why I didn't put any pictures of myself up here. I don't want to use a fake picture either ;) I don't send friend requests to girls either, as a matter of fact all the people on my friends list sent me a request. Most of them don't have their picture on their profile, and I don't care about that. It's very unlikely we'll become actual friends over this website even though we could perhaps be friends in real life. I don't care how people on here look either.

So if you think it's not fair, remove your own pictures and it will be fine. I believe we are here to ask and answer questions and looks indeed don't matter for that to happen. I'm not gonna say I don't like seeing a picture of a nice looking girl up here, but if someone uploads a picture, that's cool, and if they don't it's also cool. Big deal. Most pictures I've seen are straight from the internet, and some people may steal a photo from someone on their Facebook. Someone who registered here as a girl may actually be a guy. They may be trolling just as much, or even more than someone who has no picture. So what's the point of even trusting the pictures people post up here.

Who's to say your picture doesn't come straight from pinterest or picasa? For example, it's posted on the raxionmedia website and several other sites?

I just care about answering people's questions that I'm able to answer, give them some advice and tell them about my experience. Looks don't matter, so who cares who has a profile picture? So if you truly don't care about looks, you won't care about missing photos either.

• you'll have to define "friendship" in an online basis, and what do YOU expect from this online "friendship". visual image of a friend is important. however, is it important for online "friendships"? maybe yes. maybe no. perhaps, you are expecting more. in that case, you should express that expectation rather than make assumptions about a person's confidence or character. If visual image is important, would this also be a superficial or physical aspect that you are seeking in friendships? and, are these the right reasons to base an online friendship?

Furthermore, you seem to value privacy. Perhaps, if a person wants to remain faceless, respecting that person's decision would be a good sign of friendship. Or else, if you ask kindly, that person's face may just appear. hint hint ;)

In addition, maybe, ask why that person decided to be faceless. you seem to be a relatively new GAG user. so, there may be a lack of experience and understanding about this environment. Similar to Kangaru (the user below), I also had my pictures up. However, after an unfortunate incident, I decided to remove them. GAG users seek answers that they already know. They ignore or criticize answers that differ from their own. So, why ask or answer? just to speak out and seek others that confirm their ideals. all other questions/answers can be googled (thanks Google!). Furthermore, a part of being in a virtual environment is to escape reality. For me, I used to take things more seriously on here; however, after my incident, I decided that it is less stressful and more fun to just goof around and meet people to discuss real issues offline (...for REAL friendships). why stress yourself over other people's problems who you don't care about or who doesn't care about you, right? if you can help, great! I am all for it. but, I recommend that you do not put too much into others' issues or you will be disappointed in the end. just my suggestion from my GAG experience.

anyways, hope that this helps. have fun! happy holidays! :D

• judging from your questions/answers, you seem to be a very sweet, thoughtful and caring person. I think that you are expecting me. Consider talking to your "friend" about this issue to begin building trust, and maybe, a REAL friendship. Good Luck! :)

• maybe, this is a copy/paste. google it ;)

• if you asked, you would have known that I attended few of the world's best universities. does this mean that I am intelligent? NO WAY! Boom! isn't that a revelation?! haha

also, if you asked, you would have known that I don't usually like cupcakes. it's just the holidays. time to be jolly ;)

What Girls Said 4

• this isn't a dating site - people have the choice of freewill - its up to them whether they want to put their pic up. You can't force people too. I mean you don't know the other person and now a days you can afford to trust anyone online - there are nice people online but we don't which can turn out to be a black sheep. Besides tell me if I am wrong - but if guys or girls had their pics up - we'd select our "so called friends" based on their looks rather than personality. I like things the way they are cause us humans are judgmental creatures. Getting to know someone without seeing their pic builds the mystery and its cool.

• Lol I know dude! But some people are really "safe" about online stuff.

• I used to have but removed it

• I'm not on here to 'make friends'. I like answering questions and occasionally asking one. I also like doing this anonymously, so no picture.