Why do guys act like they hate a girl they are actually interested in?

I've met this guy on a several occasions in which we barely talked but from the moment we met he seemed quiet around and typically with people (even if he barely knows them) he seems more engaging and friendly. Again we barely talked so we both don't know much of each other (which I would like to change) and during the semester he would keep staring at me, double take, jaw drop moment, and if we were near each other, a few times his facial expression looked like he hated me...why would he look at me like that? I'm so confused what did I do wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I'm having the EXACT same problem as you here. He's outgoing and bubbly with other people, but the minute I try to talk to him he closes up and barely says a word. One time I even spent a random night with his friends and him. His friends chatted away and he BARELY said a word.

We've still barely spoke on times we've spent together. We've kissed too and he's admitted to being interested in me to his friends, yet when we run into each other, he starts with this weird behaviour! So annoying.

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe he was joking around, or you just mistook his expression.

• Boys tend to treat the women they like that way but men will just tell her straight up how he feels about her. Now it doesn't mean that wasn't just being shy and you can never judge someone by their facial expression since I have been told on more than one occasion my face is hard to read. He is probably just a little shy and you are misreading his facial expressions.

• It could be a number of reasons. You could be misreading his emotions. His anger may not actually be directed at you, but rather his inability to get a girl like you to notice him. He might be embarrassed about his feelings and hopes he can convince you that he doesn't like you. It is almost impossible to tell what is going on in another persons head.

What Girls Said 3

• Hes really not interested

or

is childish

Either way move on

• I have this problem too. wtf why is this so common?

this guy at work is really rude to me sometimes. we work together and he rarely talks to me. he passes by often. when I come in to work, he won't even look at me but I can see that he smiles when I get near him. he will come by where I am and say bye to me, but he always looks at me like if he's pissed off. I don't get it.

• that's crazy I had the same problem with a guy at uni with me. When he's far he stare like crazy but when we get closer he looks like he doesn't like me at all or just don't care but then he has these "jaw drop moment" like you said. I realized he was really intimidated by me and really really shy, I had to make a first step. That could be a reason why.

• Did it ever work out for you then?

• yes he was my boyfriend for 2 years but now we making a "break" because he went studiying abroad (I don't really believe in long (very long lol) distance relationships).