What do highschool girls look for in guys?

I'm in high school and I've had little luck getting girlfriends, I'm a junior and I've only had 2 girlfriends and they weren't serious either. So what do they look for in guys? Is it mostly popularity or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a high school junior as well, even though I'm probably not the norm in the majority of high schools.

I look for someone who's -

- nice, who never makes fun of people, and who is polite

- smart, make decent grades and try hard in school - doesn't mean that you have to make perfect scores on the ACT, just be intelligent and interesting

- athletic, is involved in some sort of sport

- musical is a big plus, but not necessary

- nice-looking, this doesn't mean you have to be incredibly attractive, but take care of yourself, try to treat acne, if you have it, and use baseline grooming habits, I should not be able to smell you from 2-3 ft off ! whether it's sweat or cologne

- someone who will talk to me, you typically have to make the first move, at least in high-school, most girls are not confident enough to approach you, you have to talk to them first.

What Girls Said 3

• Hey! I'm a sophomore in high school :P I for one look for a guy who is smart, funny, athletic, handsome, serious, faithful, and romantic...I probably can say for the whole race of high school girls, we look for spontaneous an adventurous guys who aren't afraid to be themselves around the girl... So yea. :) hope I helped! xoxo<3

popularity is cool.. but I think that looks/personality is more important

• Honestly they are just looking for love. But it does help if you're popular.

• someone fun an exciting

What Guys Said 2

• SWAG.

• My experiences taught me that high school girls just want attention. I would show interest in girls and they would just lead me on because they liked the attention and only the attention. Girls love to date popular guys because it gets them more attention but I wasn't that popular. I eventually just gave up and waited for college and sure enough, lots of girls were interested in relationships.